No Audio - are my VoIP codecs working

lloydie-t

No Audio - are my VoIP codecs working

Post by lloydie-t »

I am have a real problem making and receiving SIP trunk calls where the call is setup, but there is no voice in either direction. The background of this is that I have upgraded the system from 8.1 to 10.2. Lola did not work on PowerCPU so the upgrade done using software downloading without data restore. I then restored data afterwards. In addition the customer has some SIP phones connected directly to the same provider as the OXO.
I am not seeing any DSP errors in the logs. Calls between internal IP phones, TDM phones and trunks are fine which indicates to me that the codecs are working, but no audio on SIP trunks.
I have tried two SIP providers of which I know one is configured correctly. Used to work on 8.1 but not sure when it stopped working. could be a combination of network changes and addition of SIP phones.
Any ideas welcome.
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: No Audio - are my VoIP codecs working

Post by vad »

Can you give us some network topology description?
In OXO - used private or public IP addresses.
VoIP provider in the same network or not.
VPN or NAT used.
lloydie-t

Post by lloydie-t »

The OXO is on a private address 192.168.***.146
The Router is on 192.168.***.1
The External SIP trunk provider is VoiceFlex and we are using the usual Public IP address for them and our connection to them is NATed.
SIP-ALG is disbled at the moment, expect for not changing any 5060 UDP port numbers “Consistent NAT”.

I am wondering whether to ask the network maintainer to forward all the SIP UDP ports (30000-30255) to the OXO to see if there is any diference
alex

Post by alex »

Have you read this?
tc2091en-ed01_sip_trunk_solution_voiceflex_uk_configuration_guideline_for_omnipcx_office_rce10.1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Return to “H323 / IP / Pimphony”