MyIC Mobile with PC Softphone

bcmir

MyIC Mobile with PC Softphone

Post by bcmir »

Hi,
Can anyone clarify.. I have an OXO Connect (R2.1) with 100 x UTL License, 50 MyIC Mob License, 50 x SIP Companion)
I want to have users with MyIC Mobile to be in a multiset configuration with a PC softphone of some kind (Pimphony, IP Desktop Softphone, or even 3rd party SIP softphone).. is it possible.. Technical documentation says not??

12.2.2 Multi-set configuration
The multi-set feature is used to work around some restrictions.
12.2.2.1 Handset and smartphone
The mobile virtual terminal is the secondary set in a multi-set configuration.
The primary set is one of the following:
• IP DeskPhones
• Digital Premium DeskPhones
• Analog set
• DECT and WLAN set
• SIP set
Chapter 12 Mobility Deployment
enio.eltz

Re: MyIC Mobile with PC Softphone

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

Multiset is a function different of MyIC Mobile.
Multiset set is a function to gather up to three sets, and the primary has to be those ones you have mentioned.
MyIC Mobile is a different feature. MyIC Mobile has an extension number and it is installed on a smartphone, for example. It manages where the calls are answered or made. It can be digital, analog, DECT, IP Touch, SIP Companion or mobile number.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
bcmir

Post by bcmir »

Thanks for the reply!
So are users of MyIC mobile able to have 'One Number' which combines an Alcatel PC softphone (without a physical handset) for when they are in the office and the MyIC Mobile for when they are out of the office?
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi
So are users of MyIC mobile able to have 'One Number' which combines an Alcatel PC softphone (without a physical handset) for when they are in the office and the MyIC Mobile for when they are out of the office?
Yes. From MyIC Mobile you manage which device proceeds the call, in and out of the office. Out the office, you can make/receive a call on your mobile, SIP Companion or a softphone on your PC. In the office, on a physical device like DECT, UA set, analog or the same ones as out of the office.
MyIC Mobile has a number (f.e. 200) and any other device has its own number (f.e. 201,202,etc.). When somebody calls your MyIC Mobile 200, the other devices (201,202,etc.) will ring. It depends on what device is selected.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
bcmir

Post by bcmir »

That sounds good, but I don't see any mention of this in the latest technical docs. The closest match for your idea is only found under 'Multi Set Configuration'.
How can I associate a PC softphone with MyIC Mobile?
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi
How can I associate a PC softphone with MyIC Mobile?
You don't associate a device with MyIC Mobile as you do with multiset. It is different thing. On MyIC Mobile you manage the device that proceeds the call. Multiset you can gather up to three devices and they will be only one number.

On BPWS there is technical documentation for MyIC Mobile.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
bcmir

Post by bcmir »

Thanks, I will search bpws for more
bcmir

Post by bcmir »

Alcatel bpws says otherwise (OXO Connect Technical Manual & TC1553) say that you actually do use Multi Set with MyIC mobile.. but MyIC mobile cannot be primary only secondary.
Thanks again for trying to help!

Return to “H323 / IP / Pimphony”