Calling Remote IP phone via private SIP trunking

dcrenton

Calling Remote IP phone via private SIP trunking

Post by dcrenton »

Hi,
I have a customer who has 2 x OXO Connect 2 linked via private SIP trunking.

Site A has Public SIP trunking to Gamma Telecom UK as well as private SIP trunking to site B. Site A also has remote IP phones (8018's) in different locations within the UK.
Site A and all the remote IP phones also registered to site A can call every device on both Site A and B's OXO's no problem at all.

Site B can call any local TDM or IP handset no problem but when they try and call a remote IP phone registered to site A the call never rings at the end user but instead defaults to ring the attendant group of site A.

So, just to be clear any call generated from Site B to a remote IP handset on Site A will not route to the end user and defaults to the attendant group. Both parties can hear each fine so there is no issue with one way speech.

I have tried changing codecs but no success. I have tried enabling direct RTP but no success.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour before and if so, how was it resolved? I'm sure it will be something simple i have missed but i have spent hours and i'm getting nowhere unfortunately.

Thank You
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Calling Remote IP phone via private SIP trunking

Post by vad »

Site A users - declared in Numbering plan/ Private numbering plan?
dcrenton

Re: Calling Remote IP phone via private SIP trunking

Post by dcrenton »

Hi Vad,

Yes, they are. Please bear in mind that normal TDM handsets on site A can be reached no problem from Site B. It is only IP handsets in external offices fed from Site A that cannot be reached.

Return to “H323 / IP / Pimphony”