New IP Phones installation

EsraHassan

New IP Phones installation

Post by EsraHassan »

Hello,
I want to replace my analogue and digital phones by IP phones in on of company sites. The site has two PBXs one has GD3 board and the other one has GD:
To complete the replacement I need to change GD board to GD3, and change analogue licenses to IP phone ones (which Alcatel makes the transformation for free right?), my question is do I need to change the ABC-F link between these PBXs and others in the network to be IP link and do I need to buy Alcatel BRMA Connection Box or a router? what else I miss

Thanks in advance :)
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: New IP Phones installation

Post by frank »

To make the replacement, you will need to contact your Alcatel sales rep so he can update your license, first of all.
The ABC-F link is for inter-communication between PBX and doesn't care if the phones are analog, digital, or IP; therefore you won't need to touch that.
Your Alcatel sales rep will input everything in the license tool they use, and the tool will tell him/you exactly what you need, and if you need new hardware.
Code Free Or Die
EsraHassan

Post by EsraHassan »

Is a PBX release R9.0 work with IP phones or it needs upgrade?
now it's just a proposal, so I can't give OPS files to sales rep. I just need to estimate what needed and it's costs

Thanks
haroun

Post by haroun »

oxe R9.0 IS OUT OF DATE (END OF LIFE) NO SUPPORT AND NO ADDON are possible , you must update it
by the way if ur PABX IS an pure entreprise and not migrated from 4400 you can convert the whole équipement to ip

Return to “H323 / IP / Pimphony”