OXO CoCPU-2 Master/Slave

jforde

OXO CoCPU-2 Master/Slave

Post by jforde »

I have OXO that is 100% VoIP with (2) CoCPU-2 Boards.
The MASTER is a CoCPU-2(VoIP8) and the Slave is a CoCPU-2(VoIP16).
Problem: The Master is no longer recognized at all, "Slot Empty" is how the program reads, even though card is plugged in.
The Slave shows "absent, but present"
Request: Can I Re-program Slave to be Master to get system up and running & how? Or will that effect other things on OXO?
Eagle1

Re: OXO CoCPU-2 Master/Slave

Post by Eagle1 »

The CoCPU's are nominated during boot-up.
If you have a CoCPU that fails, when you power down the system and restart, the working CoCPU will become the master.
My main concern is why the CoCPU's have become faulty.
If the system is connected to a customer LAN, which has a server or switch that can answer BootP requests (older Alcatel switches did this) then the CoCPU's may have been given a BootP answer and no longer be "seen" by the main CPU.

First thing I would do is disconnect the system from the LAN, power down and up, then check the status of the CoCPU's
If the first CoCPU is faulty the second should come up as "master" and take over the role. If the CoCPU received a BootP answer, then both CoCPU's should restore and run correctly.
You will have to either replace the faulty CoCPU or in the second case find out which device is answering the BootP request and have it configured to ignore the MAC address prefix of the CoCPU's

Cheers,
Eagle 1
pidax300

Re: OXO CoCPU-2 Master/Slave

Post by pidax300 »

pls I have a similar problem but mine is that it's only 1 CoCPU with the VOIP daughter board and it is showing empty in the slot because of this all the IP phone is showing no tftp response .please I need assistance ..I have used the method prescribed but no luck
pidax300

PRI E1 Welcome message

Post by pidax300 »

pls i need assistance on how to setup a welcome message when a call is put across to any of the lines on PRI/E1 card.

Thanks

Return to “OXO - System Documentation”