IP Dect - DAP Missing

alcanoob

IP Dect - DAP Missing

Post by alcanoob »

Hi,

When i try to register a 8242 on my OXO central i get the message "DAP Missing" in the GAP Reg. window.

We are using 8340 IP-Dect AP and Omniswitch 6450, all the AP`s are registered with the central without problems.

Has anyone had this issue?
sbrezani

Re: IP Dect - DAP Missing

Post by sbrezani »

HI, i have same issue.

I registered 10 pcs dects 8212 to Oxo release 10.3xxx to 1 DAP 8340 everything works fine, but after i connected 6 remaining DAP's the dect system doesnt work and dects are Out of Radio range.

I tried to register them again but it calls "Missing DAP"

If anyone solved this leave the comment.
T1lt

Re: IP Dect - DAP Missing

Post by T1lt »

Same issue, but I think I found the possible cause of the problem.
With wireshark sniffing on the same vlan of the APs, when everything works fine, the DAPs transmit several multicast packets to 239.192.49.49.
In my case, there was a couple of Brocade switches between two buildings managed by the customer's operator.
In both sides I wasn't able to see any of this packets.
I don't know exactly what they did to repair the multicast frames, but I noticed that when the APs didn't exchange this multicast IP on their vlan, the "registration gap" didn't work.
Probably the operator in remote console restored the switch configuration or something similar, but when the 8340 started again to exchange multicast packets with other APs, the DECT network was repaired.

I reply to leave a possible solution for future reference.
T1lt

Edit: the OXO CPU was correctly seeing all the APs "in service" when the registration was ko
Last edited by T1lt on 09 Feb 2022 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “DECT”