Broken SATA connector on 8039 & 40K AOM

matthew

Broken SATA connector on 8039 & 40K AOM

Post by matthew »

A customer has managed to snap the male sata connector off each device by picking up the phone to clean underneath and the short cable pulling laterally. I've had a break from Alcatel for a while, and I have to say, the 8 series phones seem like a step backwards as the AOMs aren't physically attached and this can happen. Are the two items now trashed, or is there a part that can be used to replace the connector?
E32

Re: Broken SATA connector on 8039 & 40K AOM

Post by E32 »

We've had this problem at one of our customers as well. They supply magnets now to stick the AOMs to the set. But still looks quite bad compared to the 40x8s. Afaik you'll have to get the whole device replaced.
rusi_costa

Post by rusi_costa »

We have a same customer in sydney. Need to escale to alcatel now for a new replacement since it is a bad designed.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
rusintha

Post by rusintha »

We have a same customer in sydney. Since new AOM Connector and attachment seems bad design and more complains will escalate to alcatel for a new replacement soon. 8)
Cheer
Melan
Ralonso

Post by Ralonso »

We have the same problem, the cable connector is broken very easily.

Someone knows what cable works with these modules, it is apparently a normal SATA cable, but we have bought several of these cables and the module will not finish booting with this.

Regards.
ACSE Corporate R9

Return to “Hardware”