IP Touch phones reboot

raghu

IP Touch phones reboot

Post by raghu »

Hi friends,

I have a issue with IP Phones, Suddenly some of the IP Phones getting rebooted. Its happening oftenly once in a week or two.

As per INCVISU the reason is UA/UDP loss. Network team saying no issue with the network. Any one facing same problem, Is there any solution please let me know.
Version 9.0 (h13031b).
Konstantinos.E
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: IP Touch phones reboot

Post by Konstantinos.E »

udp loss means is a network problem.try to change QoS for the ip phones.mgr-ip-QoS category increase UDP loss value.
Alca_holic
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

No way, bug in oxe. Try to: disable LLDP on your ip phones (telnet to everyphone, or by hand), disable LLDP-MED on switches.
upgrade to the latest R9.1 patch 25.
in my experience: random phones, restart extractly every 5 minutes. if i plug out / plug in, the Eternet CPU cable, the random phones (like 20-25% of them) start to reeboot. In the dedicated ALU switch (6400) with no data traffic, only OXE, intip3, some ipphones. In the 3 AM or 10 AM, or 5 PM, not a QoS problem, the software problem.
@raghu:
Share some details, i use:
duplicated CPU7, Crystal HW, 4 intip3 cards with 1 Armada each one, 6400 ALU switches (24p - POE, stacked).
it does work the most reliable with LLDP turned off completely, with R9.1 + 25 patch.

Please keep me posted, as i tried to search for someone with similar issues...
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
victornew

Post by victornew »

Hi,
I just faced this issue "UA_UDP connection lost" for all my IP phones, the phone will keep restart during conversation or idle.
The issue found on site was due to the incorrect status of the IP link.
Our OXE dataswitch is set to Auto-Negotiation (no changed) but the Uplink to the corporate switch port was set to Forced 100.
After changing the setting to the same configuration, the IP phones have stopped restarting.
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

what release? what hw (appliance, cs rs, CPU_7 / CPU_6, INTIP/2/3, GDx/ GAx, ?)
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
victornew

Post by victornew »

Hi,
We are running on R7.1 with AS and Crystal hardware.
technicus

Post by technicus »

krzysioD wrote:No way, bug in oxe. [...]upgrade to the latest R9.1 patch 25.
Hello,

I think you are right. We managed to find a workaround, after a few hours spent with an Alcatel dealer.

It seems that there is a bug in one option of IP Touch phones: in the "TSC IP User" tab you must put NO in the field "Reset for Update Authorized".

We did that and the number of resets has drastically improved.

For us, the main problem was the error number 386 which means loss of signaling.

Of course, there can be other causes. We still have a few reboots.

We were informed that there is an Alcatel software patch for this bug.
Regards,

Robert

Alcatel 4400 and IPMG for the distant sites
Appliances CPUs, SW ver. R11
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

Hah,
good to hear that i'm right !
also turn off all of lldp-med related stuff on ipphones by telneting to them.
It's a lot of work if you have like 100+ ip-phones but also helps to narrow down the amount of reboots.
Trompie

Post by Trompie »

Hi

Did you guys come up with a solution for this problem? I have same issue, approx 1200 ip phones on a network (Cisco) and randomly the ip phones in certain sections reset. A whole section at a time. Incvisu says "ua/udp loss" and even when I telnet into the ip phones using command ''defence 99'' it gives me a ua.udp.protocol.c message. Every now and then I see I lose connection of complete shelves as well....
I have twin appliance servers with GD3's and PCS's and rel 9.1 patch 21. My guess is network issue seeing that only certain sections at times reset but after reading this post I start wondering....I will change my udp lost to 15 and keep alive to 25 in QOS and see if it improves. but cannot telnet into all the phones to change settings as per krzysioD so if someone knows which patch resolved this issue please assist??

regards
Martin
ACSE REL 10.0 OXE
ACSE REL 8.1 OXO
abi

Post by abi »

Hey,

We have something close, our IPT 310/610 faced a problem that at the beginning the RSSI signal keep flapping (appear/disappear) this behavior disappeared dramatically after changing ACM value to 1 in EDCA profile, and UDP Lost .. Re init was appearing frequently. However, after this the IPT was parely able to receive anything, but other IPTs connected to old controller was able to hear from IPT connected to new controller:

note: before bringing the new controller the IPTs were able to connect and communicate through WLAN Aruba controller.
OLD controller OS: 5.0.3.3
New controller OS: 6.1.3.3
IPT firmware: 120.021

After long time of staying in call the phone will get UDP lost and reboot while IPT in old controller just stay connected and waiting !! is not this strange. !

Return to “GENERAL”