IP - IP phone

CoastHills

IP - IP phone

Post by CoastHills » 16 Aug 2004 18:37

We have three IP phones one connected at the main site, one in Texas and one in Wyoming. All in all they work great, but they cannot call each other. Seems to be a issue with the actual voice traffic. They can call each other the sets will ring but if you pick up you will just get silence then dial tone. The call set up is working but the voice traffic is not. Any ideas.

Carl

frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by frank » 16 Aug 2004 22:11

Hi Carl,

I would advise to put 2 IP phones on the same PBX first and make a test.
Then you should probably check the speed/dupleix of your INT-IP board, and the same on the phone. Check also the speed/dupleix on the port (data side) where the INT-IP board is connected. Be sure that it is the same. Depending on the release you are running, it should be 10 hafl or 100 full ..
Code Free Or Die

CoastHills

IP phones

Post by CoastHills » 18 Aug 2004 18:15

I have connected IP phones on this segment of our network with no problem the signalling and voice traffic work great, the problem is when the phones are split by more than 1 router. I think?

Like I said the signalling ie call set up get through fine but when the system hands off the voice traffic is just dies. It is like the voice traffic is not following the same path as the signalling.

Carl

frank

Post by frank » 18 Aug 2004 19:05

Here you are :

http://www.gadot.net/alcatel/ALCATEL

You will find here a software called AVISIO that I downloaded a couple of months ago from the Alcatel web site. Read the documentation, it's pretty easy, and let run the test during rush hours. Once you are done, tell us the results so we know what was wrong at your site !
Code Free Or Die

Return to “GENERAL”