Audit / Broadcast

frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Audit / Broadcast

Post by frank » 01 Sep 2004 23:24

:shock: Anyone would have a GOOD documentation, or could write one about the best way to do an Audit / Broadcast without screwing up all the networked nodes ?

Thank you :wink:
Code Free Or Die

goldy

Post by goldy » 02 Sep 2004 04:16

Ah, the broadcast/audit hell of wrecking your numbering plan :x

I'm not aware of any real good docs for this, but generally I find it best to simulate before doing anything. This at least gives you a chance to rectify before breaking :wink: , as the carpenters say "measure twice, cut Once" :idea:

frank

Post by frank » 02 Sep 2004 10:13

Hi !

Would you mind giving an example in this forum ?
Step by step ? Let's say that you have a network with 3 nodes already, and you are adding a new one. (node1, node2, node3, node4). What would you do, and from what node ?

Thank you !
Code Free Or Die

goldy

Post by goldy » 03 Sep 2004 08:09

ok.

1) These are my thoughts only (from the top of my head) & not an Alcatel guidleine
2) Different networks can be complex, this is based on a fairly straight forward ABC network (of any kind)
3) Try to never kill an audit process, it is very complex, & can be difficult to recover from ( I think I have a procedure some where if neede)
4) Know the network you are auditing, it can make all the difference when bebugging
5) be careful of things like abbreviated numbering (speed dials) accross networks

So, I think the first rule is 'the biggest node wins'. By this, I think that your largest node (sometimes done on geographic location eg capital city/province etc) should usually be the reference.

For your example, we will say that node 1 is our 'reference' node & Node 4 is our new one. Assuming that you know the setup of all the sites e.g numbering plans were taken into account entities etc & all the current sites were synced properly. I would probably go something along the lines of this.

In node 1, run the audit (build reference in local node) to node 4. In general, when I use 'audit' I set the configuration options for the objects & the nodes before starting. Run the audit with selected nodes (in this case node 4) using the general checks (this is pretty good for networks with conformity accross nodes, but can cause issues if not) x2. The second grab gets parts the first One never knew about, mainly to do with attendants & CDT's.

Gernerally I would run an immediate simulation before each one, even though it can take some extra time, it can save you a lot of grief & leave you with a happy customer :wink:

If all goes well, you should have gleefullly imported the numbering etc for node 4 into node 1. Once you are satisfied with this, we need to download it to the rest of the network (node 2, 3 & 4 in this case) :o

Use the 'audit' tool reference downloading over the network option & choose how you want to handle the options, again, depoends on your customer config. Basically just download all the things built in your reference node (1) to the rest of your nodes (2,3,4). Since the refernce node (1) knows already everyhting about the rest of the network, it can insert the info to the tables for each node. :mrgreen:

Return to “GENERAL”