SIP-AG

alonso.garcia

SIP-AG

Post by alonso.garcia »

As I see The OA5510 has the SIP-ALG Protocol ,will be possible to use it to resolved problems of NAT-PAT with SIP???, Imean I have a PBX oxe and I want to connect to the SIP carrier with Voip-SIP using a NAT , I can use this deviced
murraya
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: SIP-AG

Post by murraya »

sure can.

if you need some configs let me know.
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
alonso.garcia

Post by alonso.garcia »

Thank you very much for your replay
I send you our networking interconnection diagram , you can see better
You will find also an sticky note pointing to the device that we are searching for
The interconnection test between the sip public -provider and oxe was successful
I'd like to know the possible -configuration that we can have with the OA5510 ,
giving you more info our internet connection is acrross radio microwave airmux-200 giving an internet interface rj45-10/100 mbits
regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
murraya

Post by murraya »

from the config in the picture i see no data connections. I assume that there are routes configured in the LAN for data and that there is an esisting gateway used between subnets. In this case I have tested with only 1 node and ipp's and all functioned correctly. I configured a gatway address on the 5510 and made a static route in the pcx to to sip provider which used the 5510 address. One thing I found was that the firewall would close down on the 5510 and stop incoming calls. this happens as the pinholes are opened by outgoing traffic on the ALG, to over come that i used the sip update option in the sip external trunk group and set the timer to 300sec.
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
alonso.garcia

Post by alonso.garcia »

Thank you very much for the information has been very useful and important to me since the moment that I know you have an OA5510 in NAT –SIP voice environment working fine
You right there is an existing data network ,I didn’t have it in mind because the router doesn’t support the ALG-SIP and my idea is to insert an OA5510 as a gateway for all the Ip-traffic voice trough it
I got two considerations regarding the side of the configuration

OA5510 side
-The OA5510 will have an Ip public wich the Public carrier SIP will point the ip voice traffic
-The OA5510 will have an ip private address wich the pbx will use as a default gateway
-I will use the integrate interface layer 3 10/100 mbits for the internet connection ( I will not use any other wan interface)
-Does it need additional configuration for this implementation?

OXE side
-The PBX oxe will use the OA5510 as a default gateway (in this configuration no static route is need it)
-The parameter over the MGR/ SIP /Sip external gateway –
Outbound Proxy- does it necessary to declare something ( the Ip private of the OA5510 ) ?? ( I know is not the case but I used to see the IP-of the SBC configured on it
-You told me that the firewall in the OA5510 close the incoming traffic that is trying to open pinholes ,also you carry out the parameter update option ,some doubts ?? this parameter is the session timer?? .. --where that parameter is ??
In the the trunk group where the Sip access are declared or in the SIP external gateway , because I don’t see it

As info I’m using the isdn trunk group mode and my release is R8.0

Thanks in advanced
Regards
murraya

Post by murraya »

hi, sorry I was away so I'll try to answer now.
5510 side
use the fe0 port for internet
use one of the switch ports for the lan side.
you will need to set up the nat on the firewall for sip
example....
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!set external public address on the fe 0 interface
interface FastEthernet0
description WAN
ip address 121.98.115.170/30
no shutdown
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!create a vlan for internal network. the address will be used as your external gateway
interface Vlan10
description LAN
ip address 192.168.80.254/24
no shutdown
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!set the vlan on a switch port (0 in this case)
interface switchport0
switchport access vlan 10
no shutdown
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!set a default route on the alg to send all traffic to: note this is the other end of my WAN network
ip route 0.0.0.0/0 121.98.115.169
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!set up a match list. below is from any internal address going to my sip provider useing service type sip
match-list sipout
1 udp any host 60.234.18.31 service sip
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!create nat policy. change any outgoing address (that matched matchlist sip out) to my public address
! NAT Policy configuration
!
ip nat oxe
20 match any sipout source-nat host 121.98.115.170 static
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!apply policy to fe 0 port.
interface FastEthernet0
ip nat out oxe
!

oxe side
to keep the firewall open I used the supervision timer and set it to 200. yes in the sip external gateway config.

regards
Murray
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
alonso.garcia

Post by alonso.garcia »

Thanks a lot
I will start the implementation ,I will let you know how the things are going
regards
Alonso
sutheeshcb

Post by sutheeshcb »

Hi Murraya,
I have the same requirement in OA5710. I am using OA5710 only for NATing SIP calls. The commands in the configuration you have given for OA5510 is not there in OA5710. Can you help me to do the similar configuration in OA5710.

Thanks in Advance,
Sutheesh.

Return to “OmniAccess 5510”