Hawk and Kite

bscheelar

Hawk and Kite

Post by bscheelar »

Good Afternoon,

I am having a problem updating my bootrom and miniboot on an Alcatel 6800-24 everytime I run
update bootrom all

I get an error
Update not available on HAWK and KITE

I have run
show hardware info
and
show microcode

everything appears ok, I have tried different versions of the update including rolling back and I can do the install *.img fine but can't get past updating the boot information. I have googled and searched the Alcatel KB and have found nothing does anyone have any ideas? This has become quite frustrating.

and
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Hawk and Kite

Post by silvio »

6800 is a little bit old. Did you have read the RN. Which release (image, miniboot) are installed now and which release do you want to install?
In RN for 6.3.1 the following is written - maybe there is your mistake:
Note. If you are upgrading from a 5.3.1 Build, you must first upgrade the switch to 6.1.3.R01 (including
the appropriate BootROM/Miniboot files). See the Upgrade/Downgrade Software Matrix on page 19
for the applicable file versions for each build. See “Upgrading OmniSwitch 6800 Series Switches to
6.1.3.R01” for detailed intsrtuctions on upgrading from 5.3.1 to 6.1.3.

regards
Silvio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bscheelar

Re: Hawk and Kite

Post by bscheelar »

That Silvio, I have tried various upgrades and roll-backs, I am trying specificlly go from 5.3.1R1 to 5.3.1R2 I need to get this upgrade to work before I can continue on the the 6.X.X versions.

Return to “OmniSwitch 6800”