License and Firmware on MDAs

grelder

License and Firmware on MDAs

Post by grelder »

Quoting a customer on a 20-port GigE MDA to add to an existing system. Here are their concerns:

"For every Alcatel MDA that we order, we need a corresponding MDA Software Licence, Do you folks also quote Legacy Alcatel Software Licenses?
IE - 3HE00757JA - Release 8.0 - Single MDA Adds - (Quantity 16?) or 3HE00757JB - Release 8.0 - Premium MDA Adds - (Quantity 4?)

Also, Buying Alcatel Cards on the greymarket, may present us another issue, Is there a way to confirm the Current Bootrom or Software Version on the Cards, before purchase and shipment?

I am still researching this, but I am concerned that if MDA cards are shipped, with a newer revision of code than we are currently running, this may make the card unusable for us, or force us into a network wide software upgrade."

The 3HE00757JA is 5620 SAM licensing. The MDA doesn't require a license to work in the 7450, so I think they are confusing the two here; however, I am not sure if there is a bootrom or SW version on the MDA that matters. It's runs on the OS provided by the Switch Fabric, so I'm thinking that its a non-issue they are raising.

Any thoughts?
rekeds

Re: License and Firmware on MDAs

Post by rekeds »

I've upgraded some cards to 11, once needed to test in what version was a feature removed, the card worked on release 8.
grelder

Re: License and Firmware on MDAs

Post by grelder »

Thanks rekeds. Are you speaking of the OS on the switch fabric!

Return to “7450 ESS”