BFD for LDP LSP

dushanraman

BFD for LDP LSP

Post by dushanraman »

Hi Folks,

I want to understand about BFD for LDP LSP in Nokia SAR 7705. Basically I want to configure FEC in the same BFD - LDP session. I beleive it is required to configure BFD for T-LDP session and on LDP interfaces, however how can I go about adding the FEC into the LDP. Is there any particular commnand or is it just ">config>router>ldp# fec-originate 10.10.10.0/24 interface "x1".

I used below link to understand the BFD for LDP LSP works "https://infoproducts.alcatel-lucent.com ... Intro.html"

In Juniper routers BFD for LDP LSP's is configured under "edit protocols ldp oam fec 10.10.10.0/24 bfd-liveness-detection" unless their equivalent FEC addresses are explicitly configured or OAM is enabled on the FECs using an OAM ingress policy. Is it the same way on Nokia 7705? or is it not supported on 7705 but only on 7750?

Thank you.
thekotaksampah

Re: BFD for LDP LSP

Post by thekotaksampah »

Hi,

From that I know, to configure BFD for LDP LSP, the step should you do as follows:

1. Configure BFD parameter under your system interface

Code: Select all

configure
   router
       interface "system"
           address 10.130.10.34/32
           bfd 300 receive 300 multiplier 3
       exit
   exit
exit
2. Then you configure under router ldp as follows

Code: Select all

configure 
     router 
         ldp
            targeted-session
                peer 10.130.10.34/32
                    bfd-enable
                exit
            exit
        exit
     exit
exit

Hope it can works

Thank you
Technical Blog: ngoprek.achyarnurandi.id
dushanraman

Re: BFD for LDP LSP

Post by dushanraman »

Hi Thanks for the response.

The configuration is BFD for LDP and not for the LDP LSP, it is implemented on Juniper in a different way. I later checked with Nokia team and found that this is not supported in the SAR-7705.

Thanks for your time in responding. Appreciate it.

Return to “7705 SAR”