2, Mda 0
A:icc-11-0:ICC:iccKillUnrespPeers Marking slot 12
mda 0 as FAILED

can anyone help?!

Thanks
mivens

Re: 7750 keeps rebooting

Post by mivens »

ICC is Inter Card Communication. It runs over the fabric between the active CPM and all other cards. If the active CPM fails to communicate with a card, it tells it to reload.

In terms of troubleshooting this, try re-seating the card being marked as failed, if that doesn't work, try re-seating the active SF/CPM. Try the card in a different slot. I assume you have other IOM/IMMs in the same chassis that are OK.

Your linecard may need replacing if none of that works.
thekotaksampah

Post by thekotaksampah »

mivens wrote:ICC is Inter Card Communication. It runs over the fabric between the active CPM and all other cards. If the active CPM fails to communicate with a card, it tells it to reload.

In terms of troubleshooting this, try re-seating the card being marked as failed, if that doesn't work, try re-seating the active SF/CPM. Try the card in a different slot. I assume you have other IOM/IMMs in the same chassis that are OK.

Your linecard may need replacing if none of that works.

In my experience related this case, I have to replace the card being marked as failed. before I replace the card, I take 2 TS file then inform alu to check related issue. And how about re-seating SF/CPM? is it mean switch over to standby SF/CPM? Let me know the step mivens.

Thanks
Technical Blog: ngoprek.achyarnurandi.id
mivens

Post by mivens »

"Re-seating" means removing then re-inserting. If you have other working IOM/IMMs in this chassis then it's less likely to be a problem with the CPM.

If you want help from Alcatel technical support, then they usually want two technical support files taken at least 10 mins apart.
Suggested steps if you're getting help from Alcatel:

1) Take tech-support file
2) Move card marked as failed to a different slot
3) Take second tech-support file after 10 mins and open Alcatel Assistance Request, attaching the two files.

Depending on what other hardware you have in the chassis, they may or may not suggest re-seating the CPM, a CPM switchover etc. Most likely your linecard is faulty and needs replacing.
tony_af

Post by tony_af »

Hi,
I've same problem on a IOM:
the card works 'ntil the messages: "Initializing VMM" and "Switching serial output to sync mode... done".

After, I've this error message: "032 s 01/01/70 00:00:29.806: SLOT A asked us to crash dump then reboot". And card reboot...

Could anyone help me, pls?
Could anyone suggest me a test that I will perform on the board?
Thx

Return to “7750 SR”