how to rate-limit at the network IP interface egress

jmsherry123

how to rate-limit at the network IP interface egress

Post by jmsherry123 »

Hi there,
Our network use third party carrier to form a mpls network. hybrid ports are used to carry network ip interface and service SAP traffic. The question is how to rate-limit at the network ip interface level?
For example, port 1/1/1, hybrid port,
ip interface 1/1/1:100 - 500M
service 1 sap 1/1/1:200 - 50M
service 2 sap 1/1/1:300 - 100M

for the two services, i can use sap-egress policy to rate limit to their contracted rates, but how do i do that for the ip interface? Each of those services are rate limited at the carrier side. I am aware of the feature using qos-queue group at the network port level, and reference the queue-group at the IP interface level, but how do I apply an egress rate of 500M to the aggregate traffic used by the IP interface and not affecting other traffic from service 1 and 2?

thanks
DoobieHowserMD

Re: how to rate-limit at the network IP interface egress

Post by DoobieHowserMD »

Based on this example: CE--->SAP--->Svc--->SDP--->Net Port--->P--->PE--->CE

Are asking about rate limiting the traffic coming into the PE over a SAP? If so then you rate limit via the sap-ingress policy. SAP-egress controls traffic from the PE back out the SAP to the CE router.

If you are trying to limit the overall bandwidth out a network egress to another P or PE router, then you do that in network-egress. But that is for all traffic not a specific traffic flow or service traffic flow. Rate limiting is something the should be assigned on the ingress before it takes up router resources.
zeips

Re: how to rate-limit at the network IP interface egress

Post by zeips »

Maybe you could use port scheduler and network queue under network interface. Also different scheduler for SAPs could be child of the port scheduler.
"People still move, networks still don't."

Return to “7750 SR”