Create 3vlan on the same interface

mark

Create 3vlan on the same interface

Post by mark »

Hi i need to create 3 vlan and have them connected each one on the same interface/port of a 7770sr..someone has some idea how to do that?
vlan1-----\
vlan2------ alcatel 7750
vlan3-----/
thanks
paramount

Re: Create 3vlan on the same interface

Post by paramount »

Hi Mark,

Can you explain what you want to do with the 3 VLANs?

Ie are they to be connected to each just locally, or sent back across the network?
Are they intended to remain separate from each other?

Think you will need a VPLS service, but just need to know how you intend to use.

First thing to do is ensure your port encapsulation is set as an access port and to accept 802.1q VLAN encapsulation:

configure port x/x/x
ethernet mode access
ethernet encapsulation dot1q

Then you will need to create your service, ie VPLS or epipe etc. The 7750 is fully service based, so there is no concept of just creating a VLAN, you would need to use a VPLS service as a VLAN.

Cheers
Paramount
mark

Post by mark »

I need to manager the Qos policies and schedulin on Alcatel..but First we need to con figure the lan..i manager to fix that problem using a epipe service but during the configurazione it gives me an errore.."CLI Association 1 on domain 1 does not exit" ?????
and i don t know how to fix this...what does Association need for and what is it?
The domain 1 actually i have it...
paramount

Post by paramount »

HI Mark,

Please share the config you have applied already and what you are trying to apply, that will really help.

Many thanks
Paramount
mark

Post by mark »

the config that i have is ixia----ont---olt--Alcatel2---Alcatel1--ixia and in the entire configuration i have 3vlan

i need know to configure the qos a the scheduler on alcatel 2 that receive in ingress 3 vlan and all 3 vlan must have a different class of service and alcatel 2 must scheduling in the right way and then also alcatel 1
some advise or guide on how to proceed
Thanks for the assistance
Mark
paramount

Post by paramount »

Hi Mark,

This sounds like a proper design piece of work needs doing. Some things to consider:

The interfaces facing the VLANs will be access interfaces. For these you will need to create sap-ingress and egress policies and then reference these under the sap configuration under the service. These can be simple 1 q, or multi q and also hierarchial. They can share bandwidth (MSS) or be each allocated a specific bandwidth.

Re: the Alcatel to the Alcatel. Is this an MPLS type interface, if so, you will need network based qos. IE EXP marking and relevant queueing etc.

If you can share the actual CLI config from the Alcatels it would really help us to help.

Paramount

Return to “7750 SR”