Increase recording time VG

alabastine

Increase recording time VG

Post by alabastine »

Hello,
Our customer (healt center) uses a lot of recordable voiceguides 40+(using CCD and incomming greeting guides) and the customer changes the voiceguides very often.
Sometimes they get the message that the they out of recording time.
My question is how can i increase the recording time.
The config is Rel 7.1 OXE (2x rack 3) equipt with (CS / 1x GD /2x GA/ 2 PRA-T2 ) approx 50 digital extensions.
Is it possible to split the voice guides on the 2 GA boards (20 on each board) to increase recording time, or do i get a resource problem so that the caller sometimes does not hear any voiceguide.
Does someone know how this works , i can't find anything about this in a manual.
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Increase recording time VG

Post by oldboy »

Using Actis you can do this! with the config you describe above you can have 24 mins recording time of configured correctly through Actis. So you have 8 mins per GD/GA board.
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
krzysioD

Re: Increase recording time VG

Post by krzysioD »

Just assign vgs to diffrent GA / GD equipment.
Also: you could change your dynamic VGs (for example some messages) ino a ADPCM file that's flashed for GD/GA (needed restart) like files .US0 or .GEA or .GE0.
Then you will have more space for dynamic VG that change often, but have static VGs in adpcm.
Also put music-on-hold into the ADPCM file (compile this by actis).
If you have long VG and change them often: use IVR...

BTW: CCD on common hw is like 40-60 agents max in real world, then something is too small or not so efficient and need to change for ACT HW.

maybe some greeting could be put on 4645 ?
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.

Return to “Voice Guides”