difference between IP Agent softphone and IP deskphone

Ask your questions, regarding data or voice!
zidanski

difference between IP Agent softphone and IP deskphone

Post by zidanski »

Hi,

i was trying to design the OTCC CCD by including CCA and CCTI however i was wondering what should i opt for softphone licenses, either IP Agent Softphone or IP Desktop Softphone? what is the difference between them in functionality with CCA.
dartzen

Re: difference between IP Agent softphone and IP deskphone

Post by dartzen »

Hi,

the software is the same, but if you want to use the softphone as an ACD-Agent you need the Softphone Agent License in the OXE. You can't configure the softphone for use with CCD in OXE if the license is wrong. It is the software lock 329. Software Lock 328 (Softphone Attendants) is for non-ccd users.
zidanski

Post by zidanski »

OK, what about the CCA Softphone agents, is it the same as IP Agent Softphone or both should be combine?

if i choose CCA Softphone agents license, does it work as phone set for the agents or i should opt IP Agent Softphone to enable OTCC SE agents do their call replies?
zidanski

Post by zidanski »

in other words, does CCA Softphone agents is independent application with its own phone set on PC, or it is just agent SW for handling his functions and need add-on phone. kindly check the following snapshot from ACTIS help:
"CCagent

The CCagent is a PC based application for the agents. The CCA emulates the agent set on a PC and allows the status of the sets of the team to be displayed. The set associated with the CCA can be UA or analog type.

The CCagent is based on a client/server architecture.

The CCA is divided into 2 parts: the SoftPhone and the CCTI.

- The SoftPhone constitutes the CCA application with its Windows interface.

- The CCTI (Call Centre Telephony Interface), also called SDK (Software Development Kit) is a programming interface used to integrate quickly the main functions of the CCA in an OLE type application (CCmail, Outlook, CRMs, etc.)."
dartzen

Post by dartzen »

The CCAgent is a CTI Software for use of agents, since normal CTI-Software can't control a CCD-Agent. The CCAgent also allows to change the status of an agent. So you would need either a hardware phone or an IP Desktop Softphone with the correct license.
It depends on what you want to achieve. If you only want to use the PC as a phone, you only need the IP Desktop Softphone with the license for Softphone Agent (Lock 328). If you want additional CTI Features you would need the CCAgent in combination with either a phone or the softphone. Be aware that you need a dedicated PC as a "CCAgent Server".
zidanski

Post by zidanski »

dartzen wrote:The CCAgent is a CTI Software for use of agents, since normal CTI-Software can't control a CCD-Agent. The CCAgent also allows to change the status of an agent. So you would need either a hardware phone or an IP Desktop Softphone with the correct license.
It depends on what you want to achieve. If you only want to use the PC as a phone, you only need the IP Desktop Softphone with the license for Softphone Agent (Lock 328). If you want additional CTI Features you would need the CCAgent in combination with either a phone or the softphone. Be aware that you need a dedicated PC as a "CCAgent Server".
So that means i should use CCAgent + IP Desktop Softphone (Lock 328), and NOT CCAgent + IP Agent Softphone (Lock 329), is it correct?

on the other hand, what about using ONLY CCTI license + IP Desktop Softphone (Lock 328), is it working properly to integrate with 3rd party Applications?

for both configuration as above, why OV8770 calculates double the licenses i intend to? e.g. if i choose 10 CCAgent and 10 softphone for only ten agents' workstations, it counts 20, is that proper config?

in OTCC SE i found that CCAgent SW includes CCA H.323 softphone, which means it has its own softphone, so why should i combine with another IP softphone?
dartzen

Post by dartzen »

Sorry, I have told you the wrong software lock in my last post. For Softphone Agent you need Lock 329, not 328.
The agent license for the CCA and the softphone license are two different licenses IIRC. I personally have never used the softhone function of CCA, so I'm not sure which way that one works, but the license should also be Lock 329. Maybe another member who has more experience with this could answer that. I know that if you configure the IP Desktop Softphone that you can either configure Business or ACD mode.

Return to “Pre-Sales”