Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Software V.8

Ask your questions, regarding data or voice!
bolwer

Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Software V.8

Post by bolwer »

Good Day All,

As you can see our software has not been kept up to date due to various reasons. I would like to know where I can find out which is the highest version of software (upgrades) that we qualify for with the purchase of this pabx. To my understanding the PABX was purchased just over 5 years ago. Would Alcatel provide the necessary assistance in upgrading the PABX to the latest qaulifying level.

The other problem is, we are being quoted a fortune to upgrade to the latest version of software. The quote is basically the price of a new pabx. According to our service providers no features can be added to the pabx until the forced software upgrade has been done.

Please kindly advise.

Regards
KoenC

Re: Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Software V.8

Post by KoenC »

Hi Bolwer,

Your service provider gave you the correct feedback, a SW version 8 is not supported anymore, as is the SW V9.
Addons on those releases are not possible anymore and an upgrade is required.
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise will not accept any orders for that release and won't create additional software keys.

The latest patch of your (not supported) software version 8 is the OXO RCE R820_091_001.
This patch should be delivered to you free of charge by your current service provider.
Implementation costs however, can and probably will be invoiced by them..
This patch is still unsupported and will not add any features, just solve some issues you may be experiencing, and give you the latest devellopped security features for that release.

If you wish to upgrade your PABX to the latest, supported version, you need to upgrade to OXO Connect R3.0.
For this, you need the upgrade license and a CPU change. It could be you also need a cabinet change if you still have a first generation cabinet, and a change of analog cards if they're also from the first generation analog cards (SLI4-1, SLI8-1 and SLI16-1).

All this could add up to quite a sum, but will not be the same amount of a whole new PBX.

Hope this answered your question.
Good luck.
If I'm ever on life support, unplug me. Then plug me back in, see if that works...
Monica Lin

Re: Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Software V.8

Post by Monica Lin »

Regarding . Alcatel-Lucent. We are one of supplier for them ..Welcome to send me your inquire to us for checking .
My contact information is monica@skywardtel.com 86-15018792439

Return to “Pre-Sales”