Performance doesn't work

This application replaces the OmniVista 4760
RobertBreu

Performance doesn't work

Post by RobertBreu »

Hi,

i have a problem with the Performance-Part of OmniVista. I want to analyze some Voip-Tickets from an OXE but i'm not able to open the performance-tab. As i can see the OmniVista is trying to open a web-site but i always get a "Service Temporarily Unavailable". I have tried it local on the server and from another client.

The version of the server is 1.1.05.00 and the performance license is active.

Anyone had the same problem?

Thank you!
joao.carlos

Re: Performance doesn't work

Post by joao.carlos »

Hi,

You should look at the documentation because to have Performance module working, you have to make some configuration to Internet Explorer in the machine, like deactivating some of the security itens.

And more, one instructor of OmniVista once said to me that this module wasn't exatcly ready to launch, so, some bugs are expected. You should open SR in Alcatel-Lucent when you find it.
---
joao.carlos
ACSE OXE R12 | ACSE OpenTouch R2 | ACSE OXO Connect R2 | ACSE OmniVista 8770 R3 | ACFE OmniSwitch R6/R7/R8 | ACSE OTCS R8.2
ACPS IP Telephony R12 | ACPS OpenTouch R2 | ACPS Data Networks R6/R7 | ACPS OTCS R8.2
RobertBreu

Post by RobertBreu »

Hi,

i had a look at the documentation. I accept cookies from the server/site and i have no proxy-server configured.
Meanwhile i have also made a fresh installation of the server. At the installation i get 2 error messages that the installation of VitalArt was interrupted or something.

Anyone had seen this performance-part working already?

The support-guy from alcatel has no idea why it doesn't work...
corwin
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by corwin »

if support guy cannot help you,
escalate the issue
there can be different root cause of issue

support guy has tool by remote connection to help you
basically
vital service should be up and running
Db used is mysql , and it can be directly access by MySQL querry to look at the table
there are log of vital installation inside 8770

instructor of OmniVista once said to me that this module wasn't exatcly ready to launch ?
vital version is 11 (if not ready , how they found budget to maintain it ...)

what can be tricky is : diagnostic on failure
service Temporally unavailable means : Web server answer but further request fails
like having access to home page only
like a tomcat service down but apache server running

when you redo fresh 8770install you may have old registry key / files remaining from a failed installation
so browse all folder and Windows registry to remove everything related to 8770 . nmc / vital

and last advice
keep positive
if pepole succeed to validate / install 8770 with performance module you will also succeed
Failure is only an option if you and support guy prefer spending no time on analysis

i made a workshop of 3 server OT
all the time tech could have stopped on failure
but by pausing and trying to understand they detect and solve the issues
bad DNS setup , Network interface disabled, bad 8770 company name (between install and restore)...
joao.carlos

Post by joao.carlos »

I made some lab test with ALU support (more than 15 days, every day but weekend), and we detected that after a 8770 backup, tomcat and vital services are deleted from Windows Services Manager. I coudln't figure it out how to reinstall.

Last of all, ALU support asked me to try to install on a Windows 2k8 R2 in English Language, and seems that it worked fine. I'll be testing in the next few days and see if it will stop working.

More than 8 installations from scratch (including operating system) were done, and all of them Performance worked before 8770 backup, and stopped after that.
---
joao.carlos
ACSE OXE R12 | ACSE OpenTouch R2 | ACSE OXO Connect R2 | ACSE OmniVista 8770 R3 | ACFE OmniSwitch R6/R7/R8 | ACSE OTCS R8.2
ACPS IP Telephony R12 | ACPS OpenTouch R2 | ACPS Data Networks R6/R7 | ACPS OTCS R8.2

Return to “OmniVista 8770”