How do I do this?

This application replaces the OmniVista 4760
dhauss

How do I do this?

Post by dhauss »

I have not done this before, so I am hoping someone can give me step by step instructions. I want to have one extension X1118 that rings in two places. This extension also has voicemail attached. Currently it is in one office and the same person now has a second office in another one of our buildings. Whats the best way to accomplish this? One other thing is that When this person calls from either phone, I need it to say X1118 on the caller ID .. Right now the other office has a different extension # that we dont want people to see on caller ID.

Thanks...
tot3nkopf
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: How do I do this?

Post by tot3nkopf »

Tandem?
dhauss

Post by dhauss »

That was what i tried. However, I was getting an error that is could not add tandem and I found out it has to do with one of the program keys we had set as MLA for a door phone. Is there any way to ADD the MLA back so that when the door rings, it only works on the main extension and NOT the tandem Extension (since the door and main extension are in a different building)?

Thanks....
solven

Post by solven »

You could try a "hunting Group". With that you have a number that calls to both stations, starting from the lowest and skipping busy ones. Here you can have the MLA on one of the phones and it won't affect the other one. You can also use Voicemail with this option.
The idiot who somewhat could.

Return to “OmniVista 8770”