Post by narayanan »

How link agg configured and how it works by exchanging LACP pdu
devnull
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Link agg

Post by devnull »

As in the manual described.
LACP uses LACP PDUs.. otherwise it would not be a LACP linkagg. you can configure a static linkagg which does not use LACP. -> read the chapter about link aggregation
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

Yes I have read through the working..
I have a question here. If a port / link goes down either by admin or due to other reason.
consider if 2 or more linkaggs between the same set of switch.

My question is, how actually with these exchanges the linkagg recogonises and join the same old set of port.

.what are the fields stored in port database and agg database.
devnull

Post by devnull »

If you have several Ports inside a lacp all the ports are "grouped" by the actor admin key.
If one port ist disconnected traffic "flows" through all the other ports. Once you reconnect the port it is merged into that LACP agg.

If you have different Laggs between two devices, these laggs will have different actor keys hence ports "know" to ewhich lag they belong. you will end with two seperate links one of them will probably end getting stp blocked.

If you create a cabeling mistake
e.g. have port 1-4 in lag1 and 5-8 in lag2 on both switches But you connect port 2-5 into lag1 on remote switch you will end with either:
port 4 - connected to port5 being active
or
port 1-3 - connected to port 2-4 being active

it depends on which lag is faster, (so its random) but all the other ports will not attach to the lag - you will have it non functional but should not create a loop or something similar.

Short: all ports on a switch having the same actor key belong together and this lag and will create an lacp with lacp enabled ports on the other switch. lacp numbers/actor admin keys can be different on the switches (actor 5 on SW1 will lacp perfectly fine with actor key 7 on remote switch)

edit: i have no idea what is stored, but i see it as ports and linkaggs on a switch all group together by the actor admin key
narayanan

Post by narayanan »

How to configure / verify port_remove and port_leave. What is the difference between the two

Return to “OmniSwitch 6900”