OTMS w. OTES

mgoegel

OTMS w. OTES

Post by mgoegel »

Hi guys,

I still fight with an installation at a customer site.
Most of the parts work now, but one thing isn't coming up and I already wait 4 weeks for callback from TS... :(

The OTMS should have an OT Edge Server in the DMZ for external conference users.
Last year I had a major problem with, the whole OT server, which wasn't working, because of a wrong cluster configuration.
One guy from TS pointed me on this wrong configuration (which other TS people didn't find in 6 weeks and multiple reinstallations).
So I thought I fixed it, when the system finally cames up.
The conferences are working now, but the conference codes will not be synchronized to the ES. It even doesn't show, that the cluster is connected (on the ES side, status: CONNECTION_FAILED).

There is a firewall between these hosts. What do you think, is the firewall rejecting/dropping the connection? Firewall guys told me, they opened all ports, I gave them, according to documentation.
In tcpdump on the OT side, I couldn't see any inbound connection request from OTES. On which port I should see a connection request to the OT for cluster communication?

Any idea?

Which infos should I post, so you possibly can tell me, If I made something wrong?
The OTES cluster documentation is mostly a joke. No really example and just a few sentences about this important configuration.

Best Regards & Thanks in advance
Mario
ltatge

Re: OTMS w. OTES

Post by ltatge »

Hi Mario,

Did you check latest install&admin doku? Few days ago there was a new version for R2.1.1

Regards LT
mgoegel

Post by mgoegel »

Hi Itatge,

yes, I did that, but it doesn't either explains the stack configuration.
I got a confirmation from the Firewall guy, that not all required configurations was made. He fixed that today.
And today I had a remote session with TS.

I still have currently a configuration problem with the stack, which I try to solve next tuesday.

As far I understood I need to have a hostname with its LAN IP and a cluster name with LAN IP for OT.
OTES needs its own hostname with DMZ IP and another DMZ IP for the cluster, but with the same cluster name for external requests.

"cluster name" is a secondary hostname, which is the main name for the OT applications.

Did I understand this correctly?

Regards Mario
murraya
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by murraya »

I feel your pain. we had so much issue getting this to work earlier (R&D were even on our site and could not get it going). we ended up mixing all the manuals and getting the final configuration by a bit of this and that.
He was going to get the manuals rewritten with the correct sequence. now I've forgotton what we did excatly but there is a new manual and I hope it's correct as I will need to be doing it again soon. have you tried this one....
otes2.1_im_InstalAdmin_8AL90535USAB_2_en.pdf
Best Regards
Murray

ACSE 10.0 corporate
ACSE 6.x IPT data
ltatge

Post by ltatge »

There is already ed.3

OpenTouch Installation and Administration Manual
Release 2.1. Updated for R2.1.1 – January 2016
8AL90535USAB