Private VLANs

AhmedBen

Private VLANs

Post by AhmedBen »

Hello everyone, I'm new to this web site and new to the world of Alcatel-Lucent.

I'm writing this topic to expose you my problem. We recently acquired some Alcatel OmniSwitch 6450. I started configuring them and I wanted to know if I can implement Private VLANs. I searched in the Network Configuration Guide but I haven't found what I need. Do the 6450 series have this functionality ? If yes how can I implement Private VLANs on the Switches ?

Best regards,
Ahmed.
ymilner

Re: RE: Private VLANs

Post by ymilner »

AhmedBen wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new to this web site and new to the world of Alcatel-Lucent.

I'm writing this topic to expose you my problem. We recently acquired some Alcatel OmniSwitch 6450. I started configuring them and I wanted to know if I can implement Private VLANs. I searched in the Network Configuration Guide but I haven't found what I need. Do the 6450 series have this functionality ? If yes how can I implement Private VLANs on the Switches ?

Best regards,
Ahmed.
Look for port mapping feature
AhmedBen wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new to this web site and new to the world of Alcatel-Lucent.

Best regards,
Ahmed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
devnull
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Private VLANs

Post by devnull »

I think port mapping should be the topic to read about.
But be aware: it is not private vlan, but private port!

So you will be out of luck, if you have multiple vlans on one port

Return to “OmniSwitch 6450”