6450 inter vlan routing

selectt

6450 inter vlan routing

Post by selectt »

Hi,

I have basic question regarding inter vlan routing.

I have a OXO cloud setup with 10 separate VLANs for the 10 separate CPUs, VLAN 2 - 11 (OXOs 2-11)

I have a DHCP server setup on its own vlan , VLAN 101 ( Admin VLAN)her 192.168.101.5

I have a router/firewall on its own VLAN , VLAN 100 (FIREWALL/ROUTER VLAN). 192.168.100.2

All of the OXO cpu's or any other device on the relevant VLAN connected onto the switch has an iphelper which routes to the DHCP server to receive its ip address.

The DHCP server has multiple scopes to be given out to requested OXO cpus ie 192.168.2.x (VLAN 2) , 192.168.3.X (VLAN 3) etc

Everything is ok apart from one issue which im confused:

1. DHCP server ip address 192.168.101.5 can communicate with the ip interface for all VLANs on the switch via telnet ie 192.168.2.3 (VLAN 2 ip interface) , 192.168.3.3 (VLAN 3 ip interface) etc

2. DHCP server can communicate to the firewall no problem

3. DHCP server cannot communicate to any OXO,pc or telephone on the switch on another VLAN via telent ie 192.168.3.46 (oxo 3 cpu) - I need to communicate to all cpus from the DHCP server to manage the config of the pbxs

4. If im on one VLAN 101 (DHCP server) to communicate to other VLAN devices is it true I would need to create static routes ?

5. I have created ip interface for all vlans

6. I have one tagged port with all VLANs on to connect to the firewall/router for external connectivity (broad band)

ive tried a few unsuccessfully.

any help would be appreciated
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: 6450 inter vlan routing

Post by silvio »

it assumed to me that your oxos didn't know the correct gateway. You don't need a static route because all the devices have the same switch as gateway. All you pbx need gateway 192.168.x.3 (via dhcp or static).
regards
Silvio
selectt

Post by selectt »

when the OXOS boot up the are in TFT mode (cloud environment setup ) they will then be assigned an ip address from the DHCP server (from a pre defined scope by registering their MAC address), they also give out a subnet mask and a gateway address. All this is a side issue but it proves that the oxos can commincate through the swith to a different VLAN (ie VLAN 100 the DHCP server).

this issue I have I want to set up Alcatel AST ( back up program) on the DHCP Servers pc but for some reason I cannot communicate back the other way ?

Each of the OXOS work in exactly the same way, it just seems I can only communicate in one direction. All of the individuals have a ip interface on the router and everything else is working fine.
silvio

Post by silvio »

If there is any rule at the switch you can disable it with
qos disable for test.
you can check that the local routing for all the ip interfaces is enabled with command:
show ip interface
(forward has to be "yes")
If all your local routing is enabled and there is no qos rule than the issue is at the oxo. maybe there is something like a firewall rule for incoming traffic.
regards
Silvio
selectt

Post by selectt »

Thank you,

I will check by placing a pc/device on the same VLAN as one of the oxos to see if I can communicate from the DHCP server

many thanks

Return to “OmniSwitch 6450”