VLAN Stacking question

genexr

VLAN Stacking question

Post by genexr »

Hi,

I seem to have a problem setting up qinq to another provider network. The problem I have is that we are doing this on a remote site where we only used cvlans.

I did setup a OS6450 with metro license. Where one port acts as NNI to the other provider and one UNI to our dist-switch in this remote site. Other side of the UNI we have all our CVLANS tagged.

No problem to double tag using preserve, one unique cvlan for each svlan. The problem is that i also need our management vlan(ordinary vlan) to be in each svlan we are putting trough the NNI.

Is there a way to do this? Usually we have one UNI per customer but this environment is different and the other provider only accepting SVLAN.

Thanks in advance!
Inland_Pirate

Re: VLAN Stacking question

Post by Inland_Pirate »

A little late to this but I'm trying to find an answer to the same question.

I found there is a command: "ethernet-service management-vlan [vlan]" that appears to be for this very purpose, but not sure yet how you add this to interfaces so that you can get to it, and the guide didn't seem to go into this. I'm planning to do some further testing tomorrow so will update this then once I've hopefully got it working!

Return to “OmniSwitch 6450”