OTMS 2.3.1 with VMware HA

patmul39

OTMS 2.3.1 with VMware HA

Post by patmul39 »

Hi guys
I will need to install OTMS 2.3.1 on ESXi 6.0 running on Dell Proliant DL360 G9. It seems that HP have a customised ESXi version to install on this model of server - that I can do however I am a bit stumped with the whole VMware HA scenario.
First I am not sure whether the OTMS machines will be replicated or will they be 2 different machines? If the OTMS machines are replicated, I assume that this will be done by VMware vSphere Replication. All of this HA setup will be controlled (I imagine) by VMware vCentre.

Has anyone built this and maybe share some info about this please?

Thanks
We don't see things the way they are; we see things the way we are!
tgn

Re: OTMS 2.3.1 with VMware HA

Post by tgn »

patmul39 wrote:Hi guys
I will need to install OTMS 2.3.1 on ESXi 6.0 running on Dell Proliant DL360 G9. It seems that HP have a customised ESXi version to install on this model of server - that I can do however I am a bit stumped with the whole VMware HA scenario.
First I am not sure whether the OTMS machines will be replicated or will they be 2 different machines? If the OTMS machines are replicated, I assume that this will be done by VMware vSphere Replication. All of this HA setup will be controlled (I imagine) by VMware vCentre.

Has anyone built this and maybe share some info about this please?

Thanks
I do not know, how the VMware HA in the ESX Cluster will be configured...
But...
From the OTMS Point of view is all like a ‚normal‘ Installation. The only thing is about Flexlm Server. If you don‘t use the Raspi-Dongle Server, the Flexlm Server must be moved only between the two physical ESX Servers with a dongle connected.

regards...
--- back to basics... focus your eyes to the essential things... ---
patmul39

Re: OTMS 2.3.1 with VMware HA

Post by patmul39 »

I have managed to find some more info so if I manage to get this working, I'll post the setup.
Thanks for your reply tgn
We don't see things the way they are; we see things the way we are!

Return to “OTMS - OpenTouch Multimedia Services”