license activation

fery_s

license activation

Post by fery_s »

hello everyone
i have 4 6860E switches that working in stack mode, i tried to active advance license in them (i have a specific license for every switches) when i use license apply command nothing happen . i want to know is that necessary to exit switch from stack to apply license?
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: license activation

Post by silvio »

no, you put all the licenses into the master-switch. There you can use than the command.
But, like descriped in an other post, with the newest software release there is no activation of licence necessary anymore. You need only to update your switches and the lic should be activated for free.
regards
Silvio
fery_s

Post by fery_s »

silvio wrote: 17 Mar 2018 05:34 no, you put all the licenses into the master-switch. There you can use than the command.
But, like descriped in an other post, with the newest software release there is no activation of licence necessary anymore. You need only to update your switches and the lic should be activated for free.
regards
Silvio
thanks for your reply
"you put all the licenses into the master-switch" i did it but it's not working , if i don't wrong license is no more need only for 6860E and for 6860 is still needed.
silvio

Post by silvio »

best way is to create your own txt-file (f.e. with notepad) - copy all your license-strings into this file - after every line an Enter. So all the licenses are in one file among one another.
you second part I didn't understand.
regards
Silvio

Return to “OmniSwitch 6860 / 6860E”