Restore Working Config

AlbMin

Restore Working Config

Post by AlbMin »

Hello,

I have a switch, where working config and certified config are synchronized.
My running config ist "working"
I made some changes and saved it with "write memory" (not flash synchro).
After the next reboot, the running config ist "certified". The changes I've made are not active, but I can see the changes in the file /working/vcboot.cfg.
How can I make this changes "active"?

I know, with "copy certified working make-running-directory" the running conifg will be "working" but so I lost the changes.

Thank you
AlbMin
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Restore Working Config

Post by silvio »

There are some possibilities:
reload from working no rollback-timeout ..... but with downtime

If you don't wish to have a downtime you can compare both vcboot and excecute all the commands within the vcboot from working that are missing in the vcboot from certified. to compare you can copy both the files to your PC and use f.e. notepad++, or you look into the files with "more /flash/working/vcboot.cfg".

third possibility is to apply all the config from working
configuration apply /flash/working/vcboot.cfg. But if you do this there will be a lot of error messages (because you excecute all the commands that are already activated). So I don't prefer this workaround (better is to look for all the missing lines).

If you have done all the missing commands you can use "copy certified working make-running-directory". After that you can do "write memory flash-synchro".
regards
Silvio
AlbMin

Post by AlbMin »

Thank you.
I will try it.
Another question. I'm testing at the moment various boot-scenarios.
I'm not in the same room as the switch. So, how I can simulate a "pull the power cable"?

"reload all" always boots from certified
"reload from work no rollbackup-timeout" always boots from working, even if is not synchronizied with certified
"reload" without parameters doesn't work

Thank you
AlbMin
AlbMin

Post by AlbMin »

Thank you. I will try it.
Another question. I'm testing various boot-scenarios. How can I simulate a "pull the power cable"?

"reload all" boots always with certified-config
"reload from working no rollback-timeout" boots always from working, even certified- and working-config not synchronized.

Thank you
AlbMin
silvio

Post by silvio »

Hi,
in my knowledge there is no possibility (like in R6 with an "reload"). But why would you like to do this? If you check the certified state with "show running-directory", you can trust them.
regards
Silvio
AlbMin

Post by AlbMin »

Hi,

>>>But why would you like to do this? If you check the certified state with "show running-directory", you can trust them
OK, if there is no possibility, I will trust :-)
Next question, sorry. Let's assume, I have more then one directory with a vcboot.cfg (working1, working2, working3). My actual working-directory is working2. Certified and working2 ist not synchronized. Power is lossed, the switch boots with certified. Is there a possibility to determine, which directory was the last working directory? I know, i can look at the last change time of the vcboot.cfg's and so I can suggest, the newest is the last used, but that's not 100% sure.

Thank you.
Regards
AlbMin

Return to “OmniSwitch 6860 / 6860E”