Factory Default & Directories Issue

mumer1166

Factory Default & Directories Issue

Post by mumer1166 »

Dear guys
I have two issues that i am currently facing, kindly help me out in sorting these issue.
1) I want to reset my OS6860-E to factory default. I had seen posts but can't perform factory reset. Please guide me the procedure step wise so that i can do so.
2) My second issue is that whenever i reload my switch both directories become certified, i also had issued the command (modify running-directory working) and running directory becomes Working, but as soon as i reboot the switch it again shifts to certified.

Below are the list of directories that are currently inside my switch. I am attaching image so that you people can guide me according to that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Factory Default & Directories Issue

Post by silvio »

this is descriped in some other posts and also in the switch management guide.
for factory default you can delete all the files within flash (and if you like all other folders beside certified). Than you have to delete the vc* - files within working and certified. Now reload from working (without any write memory before).
If your switch is running in working than best way is to use "write memory flash-synchro". After the next start the switch will start from working.
regards
Silvio
sp-abel

Re: Factory Default & Directories Issue

Post by sp-abel »

Hi, i want to reset my 6860E switch to the default also. could you guide me with the details?
Thanks in advance.

Return to “OmniSwitch 6860 / 6860E”