SPB-M configuration

ortava

SPB-M configuration

Post by ortava »

Hello all
I have some questions and "requests"
My company bought the Alcatel OS6860-24,and i have to configure the SPB-m configuration.
I read manual about configuration spm-m, ther are no many information. i have questions:

1) Can i use only BEB Switches, i don't need BCB
2)Are SAP is port where i connect customers (maybe one PC in vlan 20)
3) How i have to manage Switch with telnet.
4) And can you give me some sample configuration with 4 BEB switches

And one more, what is EMP and how to use them, and i cannot use Webview, Why, i cannot understand, I configure all what is write in manual but i cannot, maybe some problem with browser?

Otar from Georgia (country in Caucasus)
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: SPB-M configuration

Post by silvio »

Hi,
1) BEB and BCB where configured the same way and you don't need BCB. If you configure at one of the BCB a SAP - than this is now a BEB. This is the onliest difference.
2) yes - SAP is to connect PC or customer switches (edge switches)
3) there are some ways for remote management through SPB. Here you find a discussion about this: https://www.alcatelunleashed.com/viewto ... 86&t=28732 (and in the guides too).
4) If I remember correctly than in the network guide or/and datacenter guide you will find examples.
EMP is ethernet management port. This is a special port for oob (out of band) management of network devices. 6860E has an EMP - but not 6860-
I prefere to use cli (instead of webview). All the commands in the guides for cli - so you should try to configure via CLI.
regards
Silvio
ortava

Post by ortava »

Thank you Silvio. I have one more question about Sap, how i configure there trunk port and PVID
silvio

Post by silvio »

Hi,
if you mean linkaggregation than look into the guide how to configure it - I prefere LACP instead fo static linkagg.
F.e. you have configuree 2 ports to a linkagg number 11. Per default the untagged vlan (similar to PVID) is vlan 1. You can configure every other vlan as untagged: f.e. vlan 333 members linkagg 11 untagged (but this isn't the SAP - this is a "normal" port/linkagg)
For using this linkagg as SAP you have to say instead of "port 1/1/1:all" to use "linkagg 11:all" (or for the untagged linkagg 11:0).
regards
Silvio

Return to “OmniSwitch 6860 / 6860E”