Setting up 8128 with PBX and Aruba

Everything about the PWT, IBS, RBS, DECT..
jbower

Setting up 8128 with PBX and Aruba

Post by jbower »

I have an 8128 with a docking station. Can someone provide me with setting I need to verify in PBX and Aruba to get this working. I know I am asking a lot but these devices are not very intuitive.
Konstantinos.E
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Setting up 8128 with PBX and Aruba

Post by Konstantinos.E »

hi

first of all you need to specify what kind of pbx you have.

while the phone start up press 400222 to get in to the config of the 8128. if you have pdm aplication provided by alcatel then install it to you pc.
give ip parameters,tftp server(pbx),firrmware tfpt(pbx),encryption and so on to the 8128,
go to mgr users and create a user with set mobile ip touch.(if it is oxe),if is oxo then when you will connect to pbx automaticly will make the user.
With aruba controller you have to make a vlan that have to point to the pbx.encryption has to much with the phones. If you have a lot of mobiles make a qos to give priority to voice.
Alca_holic
jbower

Post by jbower »

Thanks for the synopsis. I finally know what my issue is. Our Aruba controller is setup to use WPA authentication. However that is not one of the options. I will have to do some work with Aruba on setting up a vlan that allows WPA2 which is one of the auth types allowed. I did not know you could program the phone without the PDM software and docking station. Thanks for your response.

Best Regards,
jbower

Post by jbower »

Hello,
I am having trouble with my phone accepting the tftp address. I have added a vlan that now my phone connects with the controller and recieves an IP address. The issue that it is not connecting with the PBX since it does not show a tftp address and will not let me insert one either. Any suggestions?
Konstantinos.E

Post by Konstantinos.E »

hi

use static ip config. if u use dhcp, somewhere in the options of the dhcp server you have to declare the tftp address bined to the vlan to load the binaries.
Alca_holic

Return to “Wireless configuration and sets”