OmniTouch 8128 WPA Key

Everything about the PWT, IBS, RBS, DECT..
cgilbert69

OmniTouch 8128 WPA Key

Post by cgilbert69 »

I have a odd issue and was hoping someone might be able to help.

I just started with a new company who has about 40 or so OmniTouch 8128's deployed throughout 9 buildings.

I'm in the process of replacing the entire wireless network, but have a problem. Apparently no one here has the WPA PSK recorded for the SSID that the 8218's are using.

I've gone into the tool to program the phones, and the user who maintains them says "All I do is upload a template into a new phone and it's able to use the system"

Looking in the template editor, the key is masked out so you can't see it and if I open the template in a text editor I can see key "SYSTEM/A/00004" with a value of the SSID the phones are using.

THere's also a key "SYSTEM/A/00012" that has what looks like it could be the PSK but it's scrambled, I assume the handset decrypts this once it's loaded.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve this PSK from the phones and/or template? My only other option is to create a new PSK for the wireless network, and pull all phones in and reprogram, which I'd really rather not have to do.

Thanks
Chuck

Return to “Wireless configuration and sets”