Lanpower problems on 6350

thermseeker

Re: Lanpower problems on 6350

Post by thermseeker »

Hello,

Ok, this is what I experienced too. In my case applying new firmware **seems to** have solved the problem. I can't tell 100% because there were situations where the switch resumed working even before the upgrade.

In your case, if even after all you did the problem wasn't solved, I would consider a hardware fault.

As a last resource, have you tried switching PoE off and back on?

Code: Select all

lanpower stop 1
lanpower start 1
Maybe switch PoE off, save, reboot, and then turn back on.

Sorry but I don't know what else to suggest. Maybe the experts have more to say.

Good luck.
Tales/thermseeker
Mohammadlinux

Post by Mohammadlinux »

Thanks.I think there is hardware fault,Too.In all honest i am so contrite to using Alcatel Switch and not recommending to any Body!In addition it is so scoff because of different command in different OS version!.I wish i was using refurbished Cisco!
devnull
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by devnull »

I did encounter some issues in the past with Alcatel, but had the same experience with cisco.
Different Commands? Also with cisco IOS vs. NX-OS vs IOS-XR.

Alcatel does it's job and is normally less money-intense than a cisco solution.
thermseeker

Post by thermseeker »

Agreed. I’ve been running an ever growing A-L park since 2015. We now have at this site around 50 boxes from 6350-10 to 6900-T40. Only a few of them are non-PoE. And I’ve had zero failure so far. Also, most of them are in industrial environment, a fairly clean environment but with no temperature/humidity control at all.

A-L was known in Brazil for their telephony systems, only a few ppl knew their networking branch. The decision for taking the “risk” came immediately after we saw the price for the same solution with Cisco...
jong

Post by jong »

Hi,
If the switch had been updated to the newest version of aos ,miniboot ,uboot and fpga and the behavior of lanpower is still the same, the primary suspect of failure is in the PoE manager IC.It might be shorted ,burned or busted IC.You can also run diag mode of your switch to find out the result .

Regards,
Jong

Return to “OmniSwitch 6350”