OTMC-V R2.2 re launch post installation steps

jigareda

OTMC-V R2.2 re launch post installation steps

Post by jigareda »

Hi,

We could not filled the post installation parameters in a OTMC. We have a virtualized OTMC, We connect through SSH connection and Xterm for graphical windows.
I started the installation of OTMC R2.2-11.0.017.009 software (Core DVD). I followed all the steps. when the installation made the first Reboot, Supposedly, OTMC launch an automatic post installation but it did not occur.

Anybody know the way to re launch this post installation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
munzik

Re: OTMC-V R2.2 re launch post installation steps

Post by munzik »

Hi,
we wanted to re launch post instalation too, becauce we didn´t have *.otmc licence during instalation and after that we had problém with upload it....
in instalation manual is something about update .... ?

jigareda, how did you enable SSH connection ? we can connect on console by root account, but through SSH /SFTP is access dennied...
jigareda

Post by jigareda »

Hi munzik,

It is a normal Behaviour, you must to connect through SSH with otuser and then login by root user.

Regards,
munzik

Post by munzik »

Well,
when I connect through console, its no problem with connect by root or otuser, but when I want connect through SSH , root or otuser , I always get message ´ access dennied , like if I write wrong password...
Is it dennied ( connect through SSH ) by default ? How can I allow ?

thanks
tgn

Post by tgn »

direct root login over network-connection is blocked, because of security!
better do NOT reconfigure this!
if still you wanna do this, learn something about linux... and you‘ll end up in better not to do this...

regards...
--- back to basics... focus your eyes to the essential things... ---
munzik

Post by munzik »

tgn: thanks...
OTMC is virtualized, and I haven´t connect on it through console without IT administrator... but I need to be able restart this OTMC server on local network ( or VPN)
I think, like Jigareda said, that it I could login by otuser and after connected login by root. ...
but where can I allow ?
gulu

Post by gulu »

munzik & Jigareda ,

Pls let us know if you had achieved launching post installation wizard after the OTMS installation through ESXi VM . If yes let us know how as we are also struck , we could able to log in via console after the installation but post installation wizard is not coming up.

Return to “OTMC - OpenTouch Message Center”