Unable to use Java applets remotely

jlambwac

Unable to use Java applets remotely

Post by jlambwac »

Hello Everyone.

I am testing OmniVista 2500 NMS 4.1.2.R03 and am having some difficulty loading the java applets on remote computers. I have been able to successfully have the web interface load and have the java applets connect to the server but when they go to load this error occurs: "Login Failed on Server 'X.X.X.X' port 1127. Cant Connect to server at 'X.X.X.X:1127'. Can't connect to X.X.X.X.

Obviously there is a connection made since I can get to the web interface but I am sure I am missing something that needs to be allowed on the server firewall I just don't know what. If I disable the server firewall it works just fine. Server is Windows 2012. On the local server everything is working normally with the applets.

Any ideas will be appreciated.
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: Unable to use Java applets remotely

Post by silvio »

maybe you have forgot in the system settings of the client to make the entry for the OV server (java - security - sitelist).
In OV4.2. you don't need java anymore. Better you do the update to this release :)

regards
Silvio
jlambwac

Re: Unable to use Java applets remotely

Post by jlambwac »

So I decided to scrap getting 4.1.2 to work. Now testing 4.2.1 and while I had a momentary issue where it wouldn't find anything, that has been resolved and everything is working fine.

Return to “OmniVista 2500 v4.x”