OV2500 Stellar APs SSID not respecting VLAN

nelsonvieira

OV2500 Stellar APs SSID not respecting VLAN

Post by nelsonvieira »

Hello,
I am starting to configure a new system with a Omnivista 2500 NMS wich controls somo stellar 1101 and 1221 Access Points.
I need to setup 3 SSID each one connecting to a different VLAN:

SSID Internal - with WPA2 Personal authentication passphrase - VLAN 6
SSID Mobile - With MAC Address Authentication (for mobile devices) - VLAN 10
SSID Guest - With captive portal authentication - VLAN 41

My administrative VLAN is VLAN 1 and all access points are register and inside a new AP Group.

SSID internal ins working properly, when i connect a device to this SSID it goes to VLAN 6 and with the corret IP Address.
The problem is with SSID Mobile, when i connect a device to tis SSID it goes to VLAN 6 instead ou VLAN 10 and receive IP address from VLAN 6.

Any idea of what i am doing wrong?

Best Regards,
NV
ymilner

Re: OV2500 Stellar APs SSID not respecting VLAN

Post by ymilner »

Have you created 3 Access Role Profiles (e.g. Internal, Access and Guest), and applied them to your AP group? Have you mapped each of them to dedicated VLAN (Internal - 6, Mobile - 10, Guest - 41)?
See in client list, which ARP is applied to your Mobile SSID client.
nelsonvieira

Re: OV2500 Stellar APs SSID not respecting VLAN

Post by nelsonvieira »

Hi ymilner, than you for your reply, i create a all new configuration and now all vlans are assigned correctly. Fore testing purpose i create all 3 ssid with WPA Personal authentication.
Now i am changing the SSID mobile to OPEN with MAC authentication as described on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_G-y25nXg
After that, all devices are able to connect to SSID Mobile without adding their MAC address to the internal database. I can see in the authentication records that the authentication has failed because wrong username/password as expected but they are connected on the correct VLAN and with valid IP address.
Any ideas ?

Thanks

Return to “OmniVista 2500 v4.x”