PBX behind NAT

A H323 and SIP forum only !
externalgateway_DUP

PBX behind NAT

Post by externalgateway_DUP »

Hi,

I have tried to put the OXE PBX behind NAT, but the PBX cant register to the softswitch of our SIP provider.

The problem is in CONTACT part Contact: sip:338607641@192.168.10.50;expires=60, where I should put my public IP instead of my private.

Does anybody know how to configure that?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Miha
krzysioD
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: PBX behind NAT

Post by krzysioD »

3 things:

1st -> NAT is not supported. Some softswitches or PBX with SIP have "i'm being NATed with this IP" option. The ALU's Enterprise does not.

2nd -> SIP-aware firewall, which is capable of changing content of SIP frames and "chainging" private IP to external IP in headers of packets.

3rd -> trunk to a asterisk/sipexpresrouter/callweaver or any other gateway that could resolve NAT/DNAT/PAT etc... problems. This is the cheapest and most often used.

I think it was well discussed on this forum.
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
zanex

Post by zanex »

need to be running gateway/firewall that supports SIP nat transversal i.e. it will change the internal ip for sip messaging to the external
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost
rodos

Post by rodos »

NeoTip has released a product called SBC which does excatly this job for Alcatel. You can buy this product directly from Alcatel. I am currently using this in one of my customers and it is doing excatly this and even more.
Regards,
George
krzysioD

Post by krzysioD »

Maybe you've tested this gateway/sbc to do the following:

Oxe and intip cards are in LAN, sbc has one public wan IP, and now we whould like to have many sip user from many diffrent offices (connected by internet). In the office area there are many nat/routers from diffrent vendors, with or without support for sip proxing, what i try to do is to be able to call by sip user from as many locations as possible.

Also maybe you know if neotip supports redundancy (like VRRP rotuer-redundancy protocol).
Please note that at no time I will provide you with OXE/4400 nor AOS releases.
Note that it's our private time, that we spent to help you, so please don't expect complete solution for your problem.
You will need to do homework by your self.
rodos

Post by rodos »

Hello,

Sorry for not answering to you sooner.

Yes it does exactly what you are talking about. The SBC has a public IP@ and the OXE is directly connected to the SBC. The SIP phones have as registra and proxy the public IP@ of the SBC and SBC is doing all the NAT transversing. You can have as many SIP phones connected on a single SBC. The only issue is how many concurrent calls you can have. This is checked with licenses.
SBC can be dublicated but I do not know which protocol is using to communicate between each other.
I am attaching a picture how the network is. Note that in the part of the SIP phones we currently have around 30 all over the world.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
George
goofy4068

Post by goofy4068 »

Hello,

Neotip/Comverse SBC is not very cheap...
If you only have to connect to one provider and the provider has a SBC or B2BUA on his "side" you
can use a BRICK VPN firewall. The BRICK has the ability to do a SIP NAT/NAPT and the BRICK is
cheap, too...

kind regards,

goofy4068
thanzeel

Post by thanzeel »

Can you provide a documentation for registration through SBC. I'm trying in my lab and its not working.
cavagnaro

Post by cavagnaro »

Actually the documentation must come from your SBC equipment

Sent from my XPeria Z
Ignorance is not the problem, the problem is the one who doesn't want to learn

OTUC/ICS ACFE/ACSE R3.0/4.0/5.0/6.0
Certified Genesys CIV 8.5
Certified Genesys Troubleshooting 8.5
Certified Genesys BEP 8.x