Sip on OXO with Gamma IPDC Sip circuit

A H323 and SIP forum only !
pateldiv84

Sip on OXO with Gamma IPDC Sip circuit

Post by pateldiv84 »

Hello. I have been searching around but couldn't come across as post that discusses the new IPDC sip accounts that Gamma are issuing at the moment. Apologies if this is a re-post.

I've got a customer who has requested for some numbers to be ported across from BT onto sip with Gamma. However the problem I'm facing with this site is that Gamma are issues IPDC accounts whereby the sip account doesn't actually have a username and password requirement. The SIP server authenticates the user of the account against the public IP address of the nominated broadband connection used on the system.

Due to this the Sip server requires for the OXO to include it's public IP address in Invite messages, however the OXO is entering its private IP address due to which the SIP server discards any inbound voice packets resulting in one way speech.

I have spoken to the Gamma tech support team who confirm that this is the source of the problem however they have requested us to carry out some sort of NAT translation that would change the private IP to a public one. I am using a Draytek 2820 router that support level 3 NAT which only works on the packet frames rather then the actual content. I have been told to carry out level 5 NAt which I believe can only be done by a proxy or STUN server (which gamma - unlike other Sip providers - do not have!).

Speaking to Alcatel hasn't done muh joy either as they request for us to use an outbound proxy or STUN server which we do not have access to!

Has anyone else come across this issue or has any ideas on how we can get the OXO to relay its public IP address?

Any help is much appreciated! I am running on a deadline here as we have been given a porting date of 20/09/09. HELP!
askryan

Re: Sip on OXO with Gamma IPDC Sip circuit

Post by askryan »

I am having the same issue with the OXO publishing its internal address in the SIP INVITE messages, not the public NAT'ted address. I continue to get a SIP 400 error. Anybody with ideas on how to get the SIP message header to relay a public IP from the OXO including the Contact binding address, would be much appreciated!
azhar

Post by azhar »

Hello

Has anyone made any progress on the problem below please. Has SIP not been tested and validated with Gamma?

cheers

Az

pateldiv84 wrote:Hello. I have been searching around but couldn't come across as post that discusses the new IPDC sip accounts that Gamma are issuing at the moment. Apologies if this is a re-post.

I've got a customer who has requested for some numbers to be ported across from BT onto sip with Gamma. However the problem I'm facing with this site is that Gamma are issues IPDC accounts whereby the sip account doesn't actually have a username and password requirement. The SIP server authenticates the user of the account against the public IP address of the nominated broadband connection used on the system.

Due to this the Sip server requires for the OXO to include it's public IP address in Invite messages, however the OXO is entering its private IP address due to which the SIP server discards any inbound voice packets resulting in one way speech.

I have spoken to the Gamma tech support team who confirm that this is the source of the problem however they have requested us to carry out some sort of NAT translation that would change the private IP to a public one. I am using a Draytek 2820 router that support level 3 NAT which only works on the packet frames rather then the actual content. I have been told to carry out level 5 NAt which I believe can only be done by a proxy or STUN server (which gamma - unlike other Sip providers - do not have!).

Speaking to Alcatel hasn't done muh joy either as they request for us to use an outbound proxy or STUN server which we do not have access to!

Has anyone else come across this issue or has any ideas on how we can get the OXO to relay its public IP address?

Any help is much appreciated! I am running on a deadline here as we have been given a porting date of 20/09/09. HELP!
wideload9999

Post by wideload9999 »

Hi,

Did you resolve the issue with Gamma IPDC Sip on the Alcatel? Do you have any documents on how to set it up? I having a few problems setting it up on an A-L rel 9.2 , the Alcatel web site has no info.

Br

Dino

Return to “H323 / Sip”