Design Query

Alcatel Configuration Tool for International Sales -all ACTIS related topics, how-to's, tips and tricks.
junoooni

Design Query

Post by junoooni »

Hi

I have to design a solution comprising of 3500 Users (3000 Analog, 500 Digital), they are divided in 2 buildings, one building with 1800 analog and 300 digital and other 1200 analog with 200 digital... if i make it as one location (i.e one central area), it accepts the input... but if i add a peripheral area it allows me to add only 800 users (mix of digital and analog), regardless i select remote or campus on peripheral area...

What is the correct way to design this? I need to split systems at 2 locations but logically it will be one system connected over LAN....
junoooni

Re: Design Query

Post by junoooni »

Just checked product limits document, it says 800 users per cabinet, could this be the issue? Can't I add multiple cabinets in one peripheral area instead of adding multiple remotes?
vad
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Post by vad »

I can suggest two way.
1 - create network - two PBX (one for each building) - but this can be interesting if distant between building big enough (more then 500 m). You will have fault-tolerant solution. Not so good if distant less 500 m and used DECT.
2 - create Central area with just main equipment (external lines, Voice Mail) and create some peripheral shelf - 3 for building one, 2 for building two. In this case you need to pay attention - for power supply, PSAL ordering. In this case in the future will be more easy to change configuration (f.e. add some board exactly to the shelf what you want, without patch before add-on procedure).
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

Thanks Vad...

Distance between 2 buildings is not more than 500m and both buildings are connected over fibre all the shelves will be in same subnet...
idea is to have redundant servers (one at each building), problem is if I am adding shelf it is allowing only 800 users per shelf and adding another shelf is adding one more PSC cabinet.... problem is i do not have much space to place multiple PSC cabinets
is there any option to add more than 800 users and actis can calculate required no. of shelves like it do for central area?
vad

Post by vad »

For one peripheral area you cannot declare more than 800 users.
About PCS - as I understand for configuration like 1800 analog+300 digital - you cannot use PCS. You need external power system (cabinet page - Rectifier/battery=external, Power supply=not supplied).

So, f.e. for building 2 - just create two peripheral areas (600 analog+100 digital). On "cabinet" page - select rectifier=external, power supply=not supplied. You need to order external power system enough for both shelf powering(Technical configuration/power supply section - you have information about consumption).
In another words - instead of on one peripheral area (1200+200) just create two (600+100). You will have just one extra item (second PSAL instead of additional fuse).
vad

Post by vad »

For redundant server - one additional question:
for interconnection will be used INTOF (TDM connection) or INT-IP (IP connection)?

Because you will use Crystal hardware (as I understand) - in this case you will have INTIP3 board (declared as IOP3) on main shelf (and some problem with AS redundancy - AS sever installed in building 2).

If you need redundant servers (for each building) - in additional you need to have external line in each building.
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

Both buildings are connected using fibre and on same LAN...our PBX will be connected on INTIP and I am planning to have AS because I want to keep one server at each loaction....
Ronan59

Post by Ronan59 »

vad wrote: 06 Apr 2017 04:20 For one peripheral area you cannot declare more than 800 users.
About PCS - as I understand for configuration like 1800 analog+300 digital - you cannot use PCS. You need external power system (cabinet page - Rectifier/battery=external, Power supply=not supplied).

So, f.e. for building 2 - just create two peripheral areas (600 analog+100 digital). On "cabinet" page - select rectifier=external, power supply=not supplied. You need to order external power system enough for both shelf powering(Technical configuration/power supply section - you have information about consumption).
In another words - instead of on one peripheral area (1200+200) just create two (600+100). You will have just one extra item (second PSAL instead of additional fuse).
Say, how do you create two (600 + 100)?
Ronan59

Post by Ronan59 »

vad wrote: 05 Apr 2017 23:24 I can suggest two way.
1 - create network - two PBX (one for each building) - but this can be interesting if distant between building big enough (more then 500 m). You will have fault-tolerant solution. Not so good if distant less 500 m and used DECT.
2 - create Central area with just main equipment (external lines, Voice Mail) and create some peripheral shelf - 3 for building one, 2 for building two. In this case you need to pay attention - for power supply, PSAL ordering. In this case in the future will be more easy to change configuration (f.e. add some board exactly to the shelf what you want, without patch before add-on procedure).
I did exactly as you say but I couldn't do it! I need help
OXE_4400

Post by OXE_4400 »

It is possible to create 2 Areas for second location, so up to 1600 sets in total. No problem at all. You can have up to 90 ACT shelves.
I don't see any reason to have 2 networked PBXs. Separate licenses, additional limitations and so on. Better to use virtualization with redundancy.

Return to “Actis”