OXE R11.2 and OXE 7.0 Interconnection

linaforerom

OXE R11.2 and OXE 7.0 Interconnection

Post by linaforerom »

Hi Everybody,

I need to buy an Alcatel-Lucent OmniPCX Enterprise Communication Server R11.2 to connect to an existing network with an OXE R7.0 PABX through a E1 ISDN connection. My question is:

It is possible to connect both systems and interoperate without problems? If yes, Is it going to operate the ABC protocol? IF not, it is not going to work entirely the system or just some services? What protocol will work instead of ABC?

Thanks
frank
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: OXE R11.2 and OXE 7.0 Interconnection

Post by frank »

hi ,

You can certainly connect with a T1 CAS. You won't have all the services (dial by name for example) but you will be able to call from one to the other. If you want more services, you will need ABC-F. From what I remember, all PBX need to be at the same release in order for it to work correctly.
Code Free Or Die
tot3nkopf

Post by tot3nkopf »

Official support for max 2 sw releases difference (specified in the release doc).
Unofficialy works for previous releases. You have to be aware of the feature difference especially for broadcast/audit items (e.g. number of entities in R7 and R11, phone feature categories, entity call vs etity/CRG etc...). No support from ALE in this config.
enio.eltz

Post by enio.eltz »

Hi

As they wrote, it may work with R7.0 and R11.2
But, in my opinion, you should upgrade R7.0 to the latest release to get both systems with the same one.
If you can connect R7.0 and R11.2 but if you find any situation, you won't have technical support from ALE on R7.0.

Best regards.
Enio Eltz Filho
ACFE OXE R12
ACFE OXO C R3
fery_s

Post by fery_s »

you can connect the oxe with deferent release until release 11.1 ,but release 11.2 is not compatible with other release so you must update your oxe release 7 to release 11.2
also if you used contact center , you shuld know that the contact center in release 11.2 in not compatible with other release.

Return to “Lucent Technologies”