OA 4308 - Authentication Issues - Release 2.5.4.24 (DHCP?)

arpimentel

OA 4308 - Authentication Issues - Release 2.5.4.24 (DHCP?)

Post by arpimentel »

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are experienced with Data networks (usually I only see Voice in this forum), but here it goes... :)

I'm in a client that has an Alcatel Wireless Solution - OA 4308 Release 2.5.4.24. This client has authentication by captive portal (all users have/should authenticate by this method)

They state that there are three issues that happen frequently:

1 - The user gets the captive portal. Inserts the username and password (correctly). And then the internet access is blocked. It's like it is not authenticated.
2 - A user that was never in this network, arrives and gets authentication and access to the internet without apearing or authenticating in the captive portal.
3 - Sometimes users get an IP but can't ping the default gateway and can get access to the captive portal. I've found that there are two main reasons for this: i) the DHCP server is giving an IP that is already given to another user (sometimes a ghost user that is disconected but still in the system), then detects IP Spoofing ii) the server is trying to authenticate a wireless user by MAC, failing...

Thank you.

Regards,
AP
bigmaneric97

Re: OA 4308 - Authentication Issues - Release 2.5.4.24 (DHCP?)

Post by bigmaneric97 »

Check your firewall settings for denied times and traffic that is allowable. Also, check out the logs and see what if any errors are coming through. All of the issues I had with authenticating had to do with my firewall settings.

Eric

Return to “OmniAccess WLAN Switching Systems”