omniaccess wireless 4302- 4308 help

selectt_DUP

omniaccess wireless 4302- 4308 help

Post by selectt_DUP »

Not sure if this is the right place to post or at all.

Customer curretly has a wirless cisco network and wishes to remove this and provide there own WIFI network.

The customer has a ADSL connection to a cisco 1700 router/wi fi controller, with a POE switch ad WAP connected.

I have contacted Alcatel and they tell me that they do not have any equivialant hardware at present. Im told that the there is a product due out in june, the Alcatel-Lucent 550.

As i understand i the 1700 provides and manages the ADSL connection, provides a firewall and a LAN iterface to he WAP. Therefore what is stopping me purchaseing an ADSL router, with a inbuilt firewall and connect it to the 4308 OMNIaccess WLAN ?

Eventually once things are working the may want to connect he WLAN to their oxo and have wireless handsets.
Donnobo_DUP

Re: omniaccess wireless 4302- 4308 help

Post by Donnobo_DUP »

Hi,

i think there is nothing that stops you from doing this. The only thing is that Alcatel dont wants u to use the OAW as an router (Prof. Service told me, that is because of the limited routing-capabilities). But if your customer dont use the WAN Link excessivly, u can use the OAW with the PEF (Firewall) Licence very well. I use an OAW 4304 as concentrator to a VDSL 25 Mbit Uplink. It connects 3 VLANs to the WAN with about 15 PC´s. Some test showed me a downstream of about 22Mbit/s which is, in my opion, very well.

Best regards
ACSE OTUC R.5.x

Return to “OmniAccess WLAN Switching Systems”