Remote AP - Bridge Configuration

tincho.rn
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Remote AP - Bridge Configuration

Post by tincho.rn »

Hi. I need to have an AP with an SSID associated with a VLAN than don't use the tunnel between the AP and the OA switch. Scenario: the AP is in location A and the OA is in location B. I want users from location A to use internet localy and not Internet in location B. I want to know if it is possible to do this configuration without using the Remote AP feature. I try to configure this particular SSID with the Bridge option but without succes. I hope I made my self understand. Any tips? any howto?. Regards.
ACSE R11
OT R2.0
Rens_DUP

Re: Remote AP - Bridge Configuration

Post by Rens_DUP »

Hello tincho.rn,

As far as I can tell you always need a WLAN controller to terminate the GRE tunnel. The only way to keep your traffic local is to use a local controller. So on the main site you have the master controller and on the other location you have a much smaller controller which terminates the GRE tunnel. The local controller. All configuration is done on the master controller.

Regards,

Rens
tincho.rn

Re: Remote AP - Bridge Configuration

Post by tincho.rn »

Thanks for your answer.
I did the following configuration: i configured remote AP, then I bridge VLAN XX. Then with the local switch, I put a ADSL modem in the VLAN XX. Then users connect to VLAN XX and use internet localy.
With ACL you can do better configurations, but this client don't have the licenses.
Regards.
ACSE R11
OT R2.0

Return to “OmniAccess WLAN Switching Systems”