22 x AP65s Not working - Bad Batch?

GuvnorIBrokeMyPCX

22 x AP65s Not working - Bad Batch?

Post by GuvnorIBrokeMyPCX »

Hi All,

Anyone had any issues with installing AP65 access points?

We have a deployment of AP61s which work fine, they are patched at the network edge using 802.13af POE complient switches - Alcatel OS-6600-P24s and OS6850-P48s.
We have now tried to add a load of AP65s, we again went for the POE option and the APs power up but we dont get an ethernet link that lasts longer than about 10 seconds. This is the case for all 22 AP65s.
For information we have tried these APs on both OS-6600-P24 and OS-6850 switches, have proved that the cabling is fine by using AP61s which immediately work.
We have tried forcing the ports to 100M Full, 100M Half, 10M Full, 10M Half with auto negotiation on and off and still no luck. We dont have port/ MAC security enabled or anything else like this.
No flood rates set etc etc etc.
We have an external midspan adaptor that we use in our offive with an AP61, we have also tried to uise this instead of POE from switch......again the AP powers but cannot get a stable ethernet link.

Out omniaccess 6000 controler didnt pick up the access points at any point either, no mac-addresses registerd on the edge switch either.

Could we really have a batch of APs which are knackered? or something else going on that we are not aware of.
When I ordered them I noted that they were 802.3af complient (as they should be anyway).

I am a bit stuck, anyone had a similar issue?
Last edited by GuvnorIBrokeMyPCX on 01 Nov 2007 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Finding my Way !!!

User of Alcatel Lucent OXE and OmniSwitch Hardware
GuvnorIBrokeMyPCX

Re: 22 x AP65s Not working - Bad Batch?

Just to add a note......

We used "wireshark" to see if we could spot any traffic when the AP is initially plugged into the switch, and we could see the following:

DHCP Request
IP Received
TFTP Request x 100 ish
Silence (At this point the port shuts itself down)

After about 5 mins this process is repeated.

I am now wondering if the AP was flashed with the correct firmware following production and is looking for a particular file to finish its initialistion.
We did a check with a new AP61 out of box and it does not go through this process.
Support call now logged and awaiting response..... Other thing is that maybe our 6000 controlers need updating to accomodate the AP65s and the TFTP requests are natural on initial install?
Finding my Way !!!

GuvnorIBrokeMyPCX

Re: 22 x AP65s Not working - Bad Batch?

Just for reference, in case anyone has same issue....Problem is Solved !!!

It was down to the software vserion on the 6000 controlers

Am now happy!
Finding my Way !!!

Return to “OmniAccess Wireless Access Points 65”