Redistribute In 7750 - problem

wasilek

Redistribute In 7750 - problem

Post by wasilek »

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with my network based on routers 7750, becouse it uses three routing protocols:
RIPv2, OSPF and BGP (between RIP and OSPF) and I do not know how to write a routing policy for routers to communicate between different protocol.
I think I should create 4 routing policy (RIP into BGP, BGP into RIP, BGP into OSPF, OSPF into BGP)

I will add that in the context of individual protocols communication takes place correctly

in the attachment I am sending a sketch of the network (sorry for quality)

Please help me.

Best regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paramount

Re: Redistribute In 7750 - problem

Post by paramount »

Hi,

This is more of a design than a problem as such :-)

But yes, you will need policy. Have you tried any form of policy as yet? Some key aspects:

configure router policy-options
begin
policy-statement xxx-yyy create
entry 10 create
from protocol xxx
to protocol yyy
action accept

etc etc

then under the protocol, apply the policy using import xxx-yyy or export yyy-yyy.

You will need to consider the standard bits for redist, ie making sure metrics are as you want them, ie ospf metric into BGP MED and RIP etc, making sure now way of looping. I have never worked with RIP on ALU, so not sure how metric is done initially.

All the best
Paramount
thekotaksampah

Post by thekotaksampah »

paramount wrote: 10 Jan 2018 08:54 Hi,

This is more of a design than a problem as such :-)

But yes, you will need policy. Have you tried any form of policy as yet? Some key aspects:

configure router policy-options
begin
policy-statement xxx-yyy create
entry 10 create
from protocol xxx
to protocol yyy
action accept

etc etc

then under the protocol, apply the policy using import xxx-yyy or export yyy-yyy.

You will need to consider the standard bits for redist, ie making sure metrics are as you want them, ie ospf metric into BGP MED and RIP etc, making sure now way of looping. I have never worked with RIP on ALU, so not sure how metric is done initially.

All the best
Paramount

Remember to perform \configure router policy-options commit after creating the policy :)
Technical Blog: ngoprek.achyarnurandi.id
wasilek

Post by wasilek »

Thank you for all the answers.

The route policy between BGP and OSPF is relatively easy to implement.

The problem occurs when the route policy is configured between RIP and BGP.

Would anyone have an example of a specific route policy implementation between RIP and BGP? Because I do not hide that it is best to learn from the example.

Regards

Return to “7750 SR”