copy start-up to running config

lehio

copy start-up to running config

Post by lehio »

Hello

please need support to transfer configuration from Flash to current configration .... I want to reverse this cammand.

#admin save ; Save existing configuration

B.R,
Stoffen

Re: copy start-up to running config

Post by Stoffen »

Hi.
If you have two configs on CF3 (or any other flash), you can just point your BOF primary-config to the config file you want to use, save bof and reboot.

Not sure if this is what you are asking for tho...
[flash=]
Christoffer

Network System Expert Norway
Nokia SRA #265
Alcatel-Lucent SRC 3RP Certified #552
Alcatel-Lucent SRC NRS-2 Certified #1104
Huawei HCNP Routing & Switching certified
Cisco CCNP Certified
LinkedIN
[/flash]
mivens

Post by mivens »

...or depending on what you're trying to achieve:

Code: Select all

candidate edit
candidate load cf3:/config.cfg overwrite
candidate commit
lehio

Post by lehio »

Many thanks Stoffen & Mivens for support .. I will check this's commands.
gargoyle

Post by gargoyle »

Alternatively maybe you can use "exec" and execute config.cfg.x file with exec command,
when you do admin save, the system automatically will save existing config.cfg file with name config.cfg.1, config.cfg.1 to config.cfg.2 and so on until there area 5 files config.cfg.x, AFAIK.

then you can use "exec cf3:/config.cfg.x" --> x is depend which config.cfg file that you want to apply again.
lehio

Post by lehio »

thanks gargoyle ...

Exp: I am currently using "config.cfg".... Can I execute another file "config.cfg.10".. without reboot ?
mivens

Post by mivens »

You need to be aware of what's happening.

The contents of the file are not replacing the existing config when you do an "exec", it's a set of commands executed from a file that you are adding to the existing configuration. Going back to your original question, in Cisco IOS "copy startup-config running-config" doesn't replace the config either.

To replace the configuration, Stoffen's suggestion of pointing the BOF to a different config file (or editing / uploading a new version of the existing config file if you want to keep the same name) then rebooting is probably the best way.
lehio

Post by lehio »

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding on our part ... because English is not good for me.
My question has nothing to do with the "exec" Command. ...... I wanted to help you solve the problem only.

The problem is that ... the Router "7750-c12" I work on can not be separated from service ... even if the time is very short.

I want to change some of the "System-Security-Configuration" under the "User-Config" in config file ... Because MY Router being out of control By NFM-P Server.

I've changed the settings I could not apply to current config without Reboot.

I need some time to do that ... I'm working on new Nokia equipment ... and for the information without training

All this experience you have gained with the help of friends and colleagues at work.

I am an engineer for a network which is about 200 router.......

Thanks for the help in advance.
mivens

Post by mivens »

Maybe if you explain a bit more what you're trying to do and the error you get when you try?

For example, perhaps you need to add a temporary new local user, login as that then make your changes to the old user.
lehio

Post by lehio »

These are the steps ............ After editing the "R1.cfg" file. I need to apply without Reboot...... Is there a way for it or not?

#################################################################################################
TiMOS-B-15.0.R5 both/hops64 Nokia 7750 SR Copyright (c) 2000-2017 Nokia.

Login:lehio
Password:
R1# configure system security
MINOR: CLI Command not allowed for this user.
R1#
R1#
R1>file cf1:\ # vi R1.cfg

user "lahiou"
password 27H
access console
console
cannot-change-password
no member "default"
member "Admin_No_Sec" ====> changed to "Administrative"
exit
exit

R1>file cf1:\ #
################################################################################################

Return to “7750 SR”