PCS Configuration

junoooni

PCS Configuration

Post by junoooni »

Hi

I have intallled a PCS for first time, it is configured and registered with main CS and currently in "inactive" state... created an IP domain (Domain 1) to be secured by this PCS and i can see that Domain 1 is secured by PCS

1- I have created a new entity (entity 3)- Where do I mention this entity is for remote site?
2- I have created a new trunk group and mentioned entity 3 here and alos mentioned this trunk group no. in entity 3 - Is this enough to ensure that all entity 3 users will use this trunk group to dial out and receive incoming?
3- I have created a user with entity 3 and domain 3

Question is:

1- Customer do not want to enable calling between remote site and main site- how do i achieve this?
2- Currently 9 is configured as Professional Trunk Seize and mapped to ISDN trunk in main Office - is there any option to allow remote sites also use 9 but they take their own trunk line?
3- Any other setting / conifugration that I have missed to ensure proper system configuration?
oldboy
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: PCS Configuration

Post by oldboy »

1- Customer do not want to enable calling between remote site and main site- how do i achieve this? Connection Cat will sort this out, give them their own cat and dont allow each Cat to call each other
2- Currently 9 is configured as Professional Trunk Seize and mapped to ISDN trunk in main Office - is there any option to allow remote sites also use 9 but they take their own trunk line? New Numbering plan, ARS table and change numbering table under the entity.
3- Any other setting / conifugration that I have missed to ensure proper system configuration? IP sets?? if so now you have configured PCS in Domain they will need to be reset to pick up the PCS information
"Be aware ask a stupid question without at least trying to find the answer first you may get a stupid answer....."
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

Thanks for a quick response oldboy....

regarding point 2, I am planning to give the users at remote site another prefix, e.g. 8 to dial out... is it possible to restrict remote site users to dial 9?

IP Phones aren't deplyed yet @ remote site so that should be fine when they go online.
vad

Post by vad »

If you have f.e. TG1 (main) and TG2 (remote) - from my point of view the best way for using:
1) manage 9 as ARS prefix.
2) in ARS route - declare TG source - Entity (3a) or IP domain (3b).
3a) manage local and remote user in different Entity (Entity 1 for local? Entity 2 for remote) and manage TG in Entity parameters (Declare TG1 in Entity 1, TG2 in Entity 2)
3b) manage IP domain for remote, declare TG number in IP domain parameters.
Local anr remote use will use for same route different TG (from Entity or IP domain parameters)

Another solution (you can have some problem with calling number):
1) 9 - TG sizure prefix for TG1
2) in TG1 declare overflow TG=2
3) for local user (Public network COS - TG1 allowed, TG2 forbiden)
4) for remote user (Public Network COS - TG1 forbiden, TG2 allowed)
Remote user dial 9, TG1 forbiden, will be used TG2 (overflow TG)
junoooni

Post by junoooni »

Thanks alot vad for wonderful suggestions...

One last thing, currently i am using public network COS 1, 2, 3, and 4 for main site...for remote sites i can use same or shall i assign new cos?
vad

Post by vad »

New, f.e. 11, 12, 13. The same as 1, 2, 3 but with different TG access.

Return to “Passive Communication Server”