I would like to know how to shutdown OmniSwitch 10k

bonus0010

I would like to know how to shutdown OmniSwitch 10k

Post by bonus0010 »

there are 2 OmniSwitch 10k at my office and are running vc(virtual chassis)

issues
server room at my office will be adjust, improve and need to down OmniSwitch 10k. which are running vc(virtual chassis)

my question
how to shutdown?
can i shutdown on cmd? or I must unplug on power supply of OmniSwitch 10k only

can i shutdown 2 OmniSwitch 10k simultaneously? or I shutdown each OmniSwitch 10k

if i need to shutdown each OmniSwitch 10k? how I should down?
1. down master before and then down slave
2. down slave before and then down master
silvio
Alcatel Unleashed Certified Guru

Re: I would like to know how to shutdown OmniSwitch 10k

Post by silvio »

in your case you can unplug your power surce in any order (no other way to shutdown). Make sure that your vc is certified and synchronised.

For more secure you can isolate the chassis (is not a real down - only ports are down) before unplugging: virtual-chassis shutdown chassis-id 2
regards
Silvio
bonus0010

Post by bonus0010 »

thank you silvio

I had last check on vc(virtual chassis) and I saw chassis-id 2 was master and chassis-id 1 was slave because the OmniSwitch 10k was tested for fail over before.

I have more question please

if I don't isolate chassis and I unplug in any order chassis when I power on the OmniSwitch 10k. only I just plug the power or i have to setup more? because I am new OmniSwitch 10k are running vc and i concern that OmniSwitch 10k will break if i configure wrong

if I isolate chassis. can I unplug in any order? and can i use cmd "virtual-chassis shutdown chassis-id 2"? because chassis-id 2 is runnig master now. and when I power on the OmniSwitch 10k. only I just plug the power or i have to setup more?
Last edited by bonus0010 on 15 May 2020 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
silvio

Post by silvio »

Hi,
like written last time. If the VC is synchroniced and certified (show running directory) than all the ways are okay for un-powering. With shutdown-command you should first shutdown the slave (chassis 1) and than the master. But also the other way will work without harm.
For powering on - you should first plug in all the ps in chassis 1 (I assume that should be the new master) and 1 minute later all the ps in chassis 2.
I remember some years ago a problem with the powersupplies at the 10k - after power off/on some didn't come back. So it is a good idea to test it f.e. with your chassis 1. After the first power down (all ps) wait some minutes and power it up. Check if all the ps are working fine. So you make sure that all your ps are not broken. If this is successfull you can power down ch 1 again and later ch 2.
regards
Silvio
bonus0010

Post by bonus0010 »

thank you silvio for your advice. I did shutdown the OmniSwitch 10k. and boot up. It was all done very well and no problem.

Return to “OmniSwitch 10k”